Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Make it louder

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2000, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look here "pro",I am going to a track to race as stated in post above.I have been criticized for the question "how can I make my atv louder?".What is wrong with making my quad louder?I am not hurting anyone.Making my fourwheeler louder does not affect anyone, all the other machines are twice as loud as mine.

Old 12-18-2000, 11:31 PM
Range Rover

Cut off your silencer, or rip the guts out of it. It's a great way to be loud. That IS what you want, right? Not speed, just LOUD. So what does it matter if you eliminate all backpressure? Who cares if this "mod" throws off the tuning of your motor? Oh well, if you do serious damage to your valves and head? CUT IT OFF, IT's WHAT YOU WANNA DO!
And, when you're quad is as loud as the race quads, but it doesn't have the ***** to back up the sound, make sure to remind them that it's the SOUND that counts, not being fast!

Old 12-18-2000, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

hey, whats wrong with a stealth quad?i would get a hight compression piston and a cam and just sneak up on the buggers! hehe

Old 12-18-2000, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, don't be a jackass. He wants to make it louder for racing, what's the harm? Did he say "I want to make it louder at any cost, I don't care if I screw up my engine"? No, he just asked for a tip to make it louder! I know that when my EX had stock exhaust and I was riding with my friend with a FMF'd LT250R, I couldn't hear my engine at ALL, so it was more difficult to tell when I needed to shift, if I was over-revving, etc. I like the extra sound (plus the slight power gain) of my E-series MUCH better than stealth "couldn't hear my engine over the other racers and threw a rod because it was over revved" sound of the stock silencer.

Ok, with that off my chest. love250x: I don't know about a 250x, but I know my 400ex had a spark-arrestor end cap that was easily removable (3 bolts) and made it MUCH louder. I didn't care for the sound much, it was kinda blatty, but if you're looking for extra noise without completely removing the muffler, that's one really easy way to do it.

Old 12-19-2000, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

if you just want it louder amd if this is possible(i dont know or not b/c my stock pipe wasnt on very long) but take your muffler apart and rip out the fiberglass. It will be much louder. or do like the other guy said and take the endcap off

Old 12-19-2000, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you go to any of the GNCC cross country races, you have to go though a sound check before the race. At the supercrosses they have a sound check. Someday this might start to show up at the atv mx races also if the sound gets to loud. Some quads will have to have some back pressure to make more power.

Old 12-19-2000, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

Annoyingly loud quads don't help ATVing; further, don't improve performance, as mentioned on this topic.

Bottom line: if one only wants noise, regardless of the consequences (disturbing the innocent, threatening riding areas, etc.) hacksaw the headpipe between the muffler and the cylinder head; discard muffler. No spark arrestor, but who cares (besides those pesky Forest Service guys)? This modification should produce the desired effect and attention.

Diogenes

Old 12-19-2000, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Just record one of the other races while your waiting for the heat to start.
...then strap your boom box at full volume to the back of the quad.

Then you would sound like a whole gate taking off at the same time...rang..rang

Old 12-19-2000, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Wanna make the 250x louder? Buy my old DG exhaust i'm taking off this week. It's loud as hell. Kinda sounds like a hog...LOL
Just so you know, i'm buying a supertrapps ids2 for it and that's why i'm getting rid of the DG.
Mike

Old 12-19-2000, 07:04 PM
Range Rover

Motorhead, I like that! You say, "Don't be a jackass", then you go on to say, "Did he say,'Iwant to make it louder at any cost, I don't care if I screw up my engine'".
You're telling one of us, assuming you meant me, not to be a jackass about him cutting his exhaust off, then go on to promote him doing it, saying that it may, actually damage his engine.
Having no backpressure at all will do damage to an engine, that is a fact. If anything, a TRUE jackass would be the person encouraging somebody else to do hillbilly "modifications", knowing that it will do damage to their motor. That's pretty sad, man, that you are that inconsiderate of a person to just not give a crap about somebody elses equipment, just for the sake of argument. But, hey, YOU don't have to pay for his repairs, right???

Quick Reply: Make it louder