Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Whats next for Honda Sport ATV's??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats next for Honda Sport ATV's??????

I have a 05 Honda 450r and love it but want to know what my next quad will be , I want to know whats next..... What are the rumors, will there be any significant changes in the next few years to come????????? How about fuel injection? Twin Cam Technology? PLEASE HELP

Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good question! I think the high end machines will get fuel injection within a couple of years. If they are putting FI on the lowly Rancher, I think we will see it on almost everything within a decade.

Lots of folks would like to see a big bore sport quad, but taking a lesson from the dirt bikes, I think Honda has put all its eggs in the 450 basket.....

I think there is a place for a CRF250 engine in a medium size, very light machine (Blaster size and weight). Yamaha almost certainly has to do this one, because they now have absolutely nothing in their lineup that is in that size range. This vould be a hot little machine (!), and Honda will get left behind if they haven't gotten on the R&D bandwagon already. But, Honda already has the extremely successful 250EX and the excellent but often ignored 300EX in this class, so their only motivation is to not get beat out by Yamaha.

I would like to see a light hybrid 4wd machine. The Rancher 420 would be a good starting platform. Just strip it down to the bare essentials and lighten it up in every way possible, and it will kick the Wolverines foo foo automatic transmission a$$.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least for the 450R, I think the 3rd or 4th gen at the latest will have FI. Honda seems invested in the unicam, and it is working well for them, so I don't expect a twinner out anytime soon. I agree with recon, the chances of seeing a Big Red bigbore are slim, although that XR650R motor in a 450 like chassis would be tasty. The 250, 300, and 400 EX's just got makeovers so I don't expect any earthshattering news here either. Someone will make a 250 class sporty based off the current bike technology sooner or later. I just hope whoever does it engineers some longevity into the motor, even at the expense of some power.