Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda buyers beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007 | 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda buyers beware

Recon read my post at the top of the page.

Old 05-03-2007 | 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I owned a 05 TRX450R and traded it in for a 06 Rubicon (Im 55) because I couldnt keep the front end down but that's another story.
All deals went smooth but I did not finance or licence the rigs thru the dealer. Big savings, big hammer.

Now I want a 450 again.

Bad battery??? Does this mean there is no KICK START on the new models?
With a dead battery, couldnt somebody tow you and get a compression start? Why not?

mk

Old 05-03-2007 | 05:19 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: towboater

Bad battery??? Does this mean there is no KICK START on the new models?
With a dead battery, couldnt somebody tow you and get a compression start? Why not?

mk
The is a electric start model now, you have an option.

I think we are all waiting on his response about bump starting.

Old 05-03-2007 | 05:20 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

I came in on this post late, so I didn't read everything but it looks like he got a new battery and it runs fine...so it isn't the electrical system.

There is a kick start model and a seperate electric start model, but no not both (to much extra weight). I have less trouble starting my kicker than my buddies have starting their electrics!

Old 05-03-2007 | 05:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

RustyBucket - it seems to me you should have shown a little more common sense for someone old enough to have grandchildren.
1. You didn?t even start it at the dealer even though it is the most expensive thing you ever bought?
2. You didn?t try to start it after charging the battery all night before making the round trip to the riding area and back?

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolph Hitler, 1935'

Old 05-03-2007 | 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

California is definetly different!
Bikes, quads, whatever are shipped with NO batteries here in the northeast.
New bikes on the showroom floors have no batteries in them due to the problems you mention. (dead batteries) Most insurance copanies frown on wet batteries in the showroom because it is a volatile substance. Service areas have chemical fire supression systems.

Even a leftover machine should have had a new battery installed after you signed papers.
This dealer doesn't even know the basics of customer satifaction. If the srevice dept. screwed up on the battery, okay. But the salesman should have gone out of his way to make it right at dealer cost.

I've been hearing the Honda dealer in Concord, NH is getting pretty bad. Basically no service after sale. They just don't want to deal with you unless your going to spend money. Service there used to be one of the best. Now it's one of the worst. All the good mechanics got feed up and left.

Freedom Cycle in Concord is just the opposite. They want to get to know you, and are always happy to see you come in for anything even if you just have questions. If you have an issue with something the service dept. did. The manager will get it straightened out. These people all ride. Street, dirt, and quad. All dealers are in the bussiness to make money. You just have to find one that has employees willing to go the extra mile.

Talk with riders in your area and find out who they recommend for yor service work.
If the dealer where you bought it wouldn't install a new battery for free. I'd be carefull of the srevice dept.

Old 05-03-2007 | 07:12 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

I don't know if the batteries are sitting in them or not here, but I do know that they don't put the acid in them until they are ready to be picked up. It's pretty simple, this guy just got a bad battery. It happens sometimes. That, and he picked a huge impersonal dealership that has no clue what customer service is! If he had bothered to ask, we who are in the area could have clued him in to this....but folks tend to only post AFTER they have a problem.

I do know this dealer well. They ALWAYS drive the new quads from the back out to the pickup area, so anybody picking one up can plainly see that it at least runs. You do have to sign an agreement with your final paperwork that you will not ride it around on their property, for liability reasons. If you insist and don't mind risking a ticket, you could always ride it around out on the city street, however.

Old 05-03-2007 | 07:53 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

i could have push started it but then if it died out in the desert i would have been stuck again why take the chance. For the person that bought all those quads at that dealer chaparral like i said you buy a lot more they must treat you different for sure (although i think they should treat everyone the same) i would not do any more business with them and if i where you i would see how they treat others that do not have the money to spend you do.

Like others with money you must think they treat everyone the same as people who buy 5 or 6 quads at a time ..... bet they would have send you a battery next day air.

Old 05-03-2007 | 08:22 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

you all seem to be calling me he i am a she, lol if this is the way you would like a dealer to treat your wife or girlfriend maybe its because i am a woman they are doing this never know. either way man woman or child they should have fixed the problem without being such jerks. if that's how you like your wife or girlfriend to be treated by all means go there to buy your quad or bike.

Old 05-03-2007 | 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Oh I agree that they treated you wrong and I would make sure that everyone knew about it. I was just saying don't blame Honda for the faults of a Honda dealer.

Quick Reply: Honda buyers beware