Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Keep 400ex or Get Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep 400ex or Get Raptor?

I have noticed the ignorant closed minded comments from LTZGUY. Believe it or not there are 400 Polaris's that will hand you your *** on a silver plater. And have over 3 years of hard use every weekend. Onlything ever changed was plugs , filters and fluids.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with you completely! My 400 Scrambler, even though stock, seems to have the most raw pull of any of my quads... its a 2-stroke, so the power output is a lot closer to a 700 4-stroke and the CVT always keeps it in the power band. What more can you ask for. It doesn't wheelie well because of the CVT, but man, get on the throttle and it just keeps pulling. All I've done to it in the few years I've owned it is regular maintenence, nothing's broken on me yet. Good quad!

Nuff said.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 468bbc

I have noticed the ignorant closed minded comments from LTZGUY. Believe it or not there are 400 Polaris's that will hand you your *** on a silver plater. And have over 3 years of hard use every weekend. Onlything ever changed was plugs , filters and fluids.</end quote></div>

Yea, ok. Have you not noticed what is done to my bike? its not slow I can assure you. I have a few more things done to it than listed. If you have one that will hand me my a$$, I will gladly take you up on it. Then when I am done with that, you can line your 468BBC next to my lil ole small block and I'll show you another thing or two. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider

And I'll just bet you drive around with your windows open and your 1000 Watt amp and 15" subs booming away, yeah?

Why should we give a rat's *** what your pukey little bike can do? We will never see you, race you, or have anything to do with you. Not just due to differing locations, but because we wouldn't want to be associated with you.

Good luck with your so, so many mods... I hope they give you much pleasure throughout the life of your quad and that the shine they add to your life never dulls.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

LOL how old are you again?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LTZGUY

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 468bbc

I have noticed the ignorant closed minded comments from LTZGUY. Believe it or not there are 400 Polaris's that will hand you your *** on a silver plater. And have over 3 years of hard use every weekend. Onlything ever changed was plugs , filters and fluids.</end quote></div>

Yea, ok. Have you not noticed what is done to my bike? its not slow I can assure you. I have a few more things done to it than listed. If you have one that will hand me my a$$, I will gladly take you up on it. Then when I am done with that, you can line your 468BBC next to my lil ole small block and I'll show you another thing or two. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I defiantely wasnt talking a stock 400 Polaris, just a port and bore is all. I can read your "mods" buahaha you sound like a pimple faced 15 yr old with braces. You must have little man syndrome bringing up a pewny small block debate up against big blocks. "No replacement for DISPLACEMENT" Better hope it runs better then 5s on a 10.5" tire. "BIG" man buahaha hell that bucket might serve 2 purposes for you. 1) For all the tears you cry. 2) When the tears fill the bucket, a cool refreshing bath and a place to hide that shallow head.

Quad manic - you havent even touched the potential of your bike. You would be stunned what $300 would do to it from Rick Ritter.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

there is no replacement for displacement? yea maybe in the 60's, boy aren't you behind the times. its called a big a$$ turbo. and its a street car with a/c, not a gutted death trap garbage that you gotta pull on a trailer. that will be the day when a poolaris outruns me. anyone can talk the talk.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LTZGUY

there is no replacement for displacement? yea maybe in the 60's, boy aren't you behind the times. its called a big a$$ turbo. and its a street car with a/c, not a gutted death trap garbage that you gotta pull on a trailer. that will be the day when a poolaris outruns me. anyone can talk the talk.</end quote></div>

I'll walk the walk if you want to. I'll race your quad, drag, woods, whatever. I'll even race your car to 300ft. Time and place my friend, time and place.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't quit now guys! Put both atv's and cars on PINKS.

If Quad Maniac looses than LTZGUY can donate the Scrambler to me so he don't have to say he owns one.

I'm no quad expert, especially on Raptors and Scramblers but I do know a little about 400ex's.

Well, I guess jed250 made up his mind to keep the 400ex. I think keeping it was a good choice, I don't think Yamaha is a bad brand or Raptor's is a bad model I just prefer Honda's 250r's, 400ex's and 450r's.

LTZGUY - I believe Fulltilt is correct about the tranny. Several people had problems with the 01 Raptor tranny. I didn't hear any bad comments about the tranny in 02 or later models. By the way, the kfx looks good and I bet it's fast. It certainly has several modifications. I bet you do alot of drag racing. Quad-Maniac is correct about the Polaris 400 2 stroke, it's quick but I don't know if one would hand you your a....

Fulltilt - Not only do I agree with you about the Raptor tranny but I also agree with you on the 400ex ability to smoke and use oil but keep performing. I have a buddy that isn't so good about regular maintenance on his 02 400, but that thing makes it through the race everytime (cross-country). Well, it's not the motor keeping him from finishing. He's raced it for 3 years and has left the internal's stock which I believe is a plus when it comes to reliability.

Quad-Maniac - I think LTZGUY knows how to get you rev'ed up. I agree, he don't need to be putting down other peoples quads. My friends give each other crap about their quads but in a joking manner. They also argue sometimes about who's got the fastest quad but it's usually where someone can prove it. I didn't think I would like the Scrambler or Sport but I borrowed a 500 Scrambler 4WD a couple of weeks ago and I'd own a 500 4 stroke or the 400 2 stroke. I have seen some people get suprised by the Polaris 400. I wouldn't bet against the Scrambler (2stroke) in a race, expecially with some modifications.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

Just to clarify, Sleepy, I was not the one touting how the Polaris 400 2-stroke could beat anything, I just made a statement about how hard it pulls.

My issue with LTZboy is his ignorance. He doesn't have a Raptor 660, and his statements obviously show that he knows nothing of them (other than a few poor memories of crap he's read somewhere).

The '01 660's had a tranny problem, fixed in the '02 year. There is NO pervasive issue thereafter with trannys, rod bearings, steering stems or starters (and his statement about 'especially '03' just exemplifies his ignorance). There IS one issue that most Raptor owners (including me) will have to face sooner or later: failure of the one-way starter clutch mounted behind the flywheel. The Yammi design is terrible. But, after replacing with an aftermarket unit, it usually lasts the life of the bike. This problem is systemic to ALL years of 660.

So... first, LTZboy's obvious ignorance in his statements, then his propensity to put down other brands of which he obviously has no knowledge, topped off by his need to gain approval of others, obvious by his over the top descritions of his mods (I'm surprised he doesn't have spinners on them), was about all I was willing to tolerate in a thread in which some well meaning guy simply asked whether he should keep his 400...

Yes, keep it. And for God sakes, if LTZboy ever gives you any advice, get a second opinion.

Quick Reply: Keep 400ex or Get Raptor?