Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

no more replys

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2001, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aloow me to quote the Bible and a popular song from the radio: "There is a time and a season to everything under heaven."

Yes I can see a time to pop a cold one with friends (sitting at home talking about riding or watching a football game). When operating any equipment, cars, trucks, quads, firearm and such is not one.

irresposible behavior will effect us more than all of us treading lightly and being courtious. We have a real need to police our own ranks!

Old 01-07-2001, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know about others here, but I didn't need this tragic accident to know drunk driving/riding is the most stupid you can do. By carrying and killing the 12 year old, I hope he will think about it his whole life.
What's in fault? The drunk ba$tard. Ridng double? No, riding double in a paved area (I guess since there were cars there) is not by definition dangerous, even when riding double, but drunk riding is dangerous. I hope he regrets what he did his whole life, and tells all the dummies that were about to do same as him how it feels to kill someone you like.

Old 01-07-2001, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

You bet I am pointing my finger right at you buddy. You come out saying "officially" thay you do not advocate drinking and driving, but you then tell us you do not agree with the idea or law that tells us to not drink and drive/ride. You are a hypocrit and you can't have it both ways. I am pretty sure that you in fact do drink and ride/drive based on your own "personal opinion". So to sum thing up, Bill, Yes, I am pointing my finger right at you, and anyone else who feels the same way you do. I am very likely to be drinking a beer at the end of the day by the campfire like some others here have stated, but only when the machines are done for the day.

Old 01-08-2001, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ridzhard,

NO WHERE in my post does it say that I dont agree with the ''Idea or Law''that tells us not to drink and drive!STOP MISQUOTING ME!It makes you look bad!

I did say however that I dont feel that the .10 DWI law is fair for everyone,because everyones tolerance to alcohol is differant.I said at a .10 that ''I'' felt safe to drive home from my softball games.I also said that I NO LONGER do that,the risks are not worth it.

Now somebody else may not have the tolerance that I have,and could certainly be heavily impaired by doing so.Two people can drink the same amount of alcohol and both could react completely differant.Thats the only point im tying to make.

The .10 DWI is a law in most States.Just because I dont think that every person who blows a .10 is INTOXICATED,certainly does not mean I dont agree that the law should not exist.There needs to be a line that we ALL follow,and currently,most laws say your intoxicated at a .10 BOC.

Im sorry that you feel I drink and drive.Im 43yrs old,have NEVER had a DUI,have no infractions on my driving record for the last 20 yrs,and I have NEVER seen the inside of a jail cell!I hope that tells you a LITTLE about my character,Good Day to You!
Bill

Old 01-08-2001, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

In Maine .08 is the legal limit for people 21 and over, and if your under 21, anything over .00 means your in serious ****.

Old 01-08-2001, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, you can rationalize it all you want, but if you think you or anyone else is "fine" at .10, you are just not facing reality. Study after study, test after test has proven that even the most hardcore alcoholic will be impaired at that level. I am not misquoting you, in fact every time you post something along these lines you say the same stuff again.
I really don't care to know any more about you so you can stop giving us your biograghy.