Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ATV brake lights why not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATV brake lights why not?

Hmm, must be a honda sport thing. All of my yammis and utilities have had brake lights. Brake lights are nice for trails, but I can see how they would just be another thing to remove for racers. I know I took mine off for ice this winter, and will probably take it off for the sand drags as well.

Old 03-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wired up a brake light on my Foreman. I ordered a switch from Dennis Kirk. It comes with a spring attached to it. I made a bracked and mounted it on the right side of my engine....and hooked the spring under the foot brake lever, then mounted a sealed beam light and bracket that I got from the local auto parts store on the rear of the ATV, then did the wiring. It works great. Total cost about $35.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

i have come so close to nailing my rubicon, when ridin my factory break light equiped vinson. i had actually opted to run over a small tree, because i had to veer off the road, to avoid the rubicon. another time, i thought i was gonna wind up in the emergancy room for sure was, when i was cruzin a 40 down a perfiect smooth trail, and then all the sudden there is this guy riding in frount of me with tail lights, in dusty conditions, then i see tail lights, and by the time i realized he stoped it was to late, i veered around him, and ya know what for, a missing culvert pipe(3ft drop in trail), he stoped, and i could not even see him, cause i could not see he was slowing up, and my vering left me with a tire to plastic impact(me ok thankfully) and a bent sub frame. fixed immadately.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

My Rancher has brake lights, two nice big one's just like a car. I like them but my friend worries that I'll catch a corner of the rear fender on a tree and bust the lens which could be expensive.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I know why my Rancher doesn't have a brake light.....because Honda, in their great concern for my satisfaction, decided that i would benefit more from a gas gauge that tells me i'm empty when i'm still half full, right next to a gas cap that i can quickly remove anyway if it's necessary to check my gas, which i probably won't need to because i can check my speedo and i know when i'm around 120 kilometers i need to refill...that's why i don't have a brake light.