Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ATV brake lights why not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2001, 10:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't understand why most ATV's don't come with brake lights, snowmobiles have them, and I find riding with friends that have Polaris ATVs with brake lights is great, you don't have to guess whether their on the brakes or not! Here in Ontario where ATVs are getting the same status as snowmobiles as far as riding on the road is concerned I'm thinking it would be a great advantage to have brake lights. I think it's time manufacturers start giving us obvious options, especially safety items that would be inexpensive to install while the ATV is being built!!

Old 01-07-2001, 12:09 PM
Range Rover

I agree, I cannot for the life of me think of a good reason why they shouldn't be standard from the factory. I have been hit several times in the rear due to riders behind me not noticing that I am slowing down untill its too late. I think a brake light would help this from happening.

Old 01-07-2001, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

Hi,

Yeah, that happens to me all the time, too. Once time my friend rear-ended me right in the muffler of my Kodiak and the muffler was indented. Of course, my father easily welded it back to normal, but stuff like that would not have happened if there were brake lights.

Old 01-07-2001, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Brake lights are a great idea. I would also like a light on the dash to indicate when the parking brake is on (like my snow sled). You would be surprised how often some doofus will hop on your machine, and ride it around a while, and come back commenting on how he thought it would have more power, only to find the brake is still on. Sad thing, is it is usually the same person who claims they 'know what they are doing' and don't need any pre-ride instruction.
Now the key goes with me, and they don't ride unless they tolerate what I have to say.

Old 01-07-2001, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

I have a rather interesting dent in my muffler that matches up perfectly with my firends Warrior's front grill.

It all could have been avaoided if I would have had a brake light that he could have seen in the twilight.

Old 01-07-2001, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree with you all. It should be standard on all atv's.

Old 01-08-2001, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

I dont understand it ither, I have come so close to nailing a few friends becuase there is no brake light. I am thinking about wiring one up. But why on earth do they not come with brake lights? even signal lights would be handy that way driving on the road when you half to can be legal

Old 01-08-2001, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

on some of the POS things my friends drive brakes let alone a light that works is a luxury

Old 12-06-2001, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree and was wondering since not alot of sport ATV's don't come with one I was going to take it upon myself to do it..With some help...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Does anyone know where to get and how to wire up a brake light for a 400EX?
thx

Old 12-06-2001, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

I see that all the 02 yamaha sport quads do have factory brake lights. It's about time.

Quick Reply: ATV brake lights why not?