Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

odometer problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odometer problem

still looking for a possitive answer for the display changing from mph to klm just because the battery went dead . whats the dif if you where to install a new battery .that sure as heck wouldn;t put it in a default mode. i would take it into the dealer but after talking with a boat load of them they don;t have a clue , some say they have reset the display from klm to mph but they can;t remember the proceedure and just bring it in . [[RIGHT]] If this display is toast then why is a portion of the unit fuction just fine and it runs and starts just fine also.any help please. i will send pic of my wife she is hot

Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default odometer problem

it happend because the power management unit inside the display had a disruption in power. thats usually why displays crap out. so when you got power to it that is what did the dammage. unfortunatly iv never found, or even heard of, a magic reset button for the display problems.

long story short a part in the display failed and now your kinda skrewed. just wondering, did it convert your millage into klm? or just reset to ooooo or 999999

Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default odometer problem

yes it converted the miles to klm

Old 11-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default odometer problem

wow, then i take back what i said, it wasnt a power controle failure. i have no idea why it did that. knowing computers it kinda sounds lik it got its commands confused. since all the models are set up for both klm and mph.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default odometer problem

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]i talked with honda costomer service and the ding dong was saying that if you let the battery go dead it will some how loss its memory and they haven't a clue why it happens. so i think that everyone out there that;s having the same problem needs to let honda know what they think . Its a bunch of BS that they have no solotion for the problem and will not do anything to help fix . We have a computer nerd at work that rebuilds transitor boards for us and he will figure it out if honda dosen't want to help. I know a lot of people are haveing the same problem. WHY DID YOU BUY A HONDA >>WILL I BUY ANOTHER BRAND NEW ONE ..from a corportion that leave me hanging #$@^%&*(*()(*&*^&&*I*&&^^