Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon Throttle Cable adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed allot of people have mentioned that Rubicon owners should tighten up the throttle cable slack. I haven't yet done so on mine; however, I have a question about the performance gain. From comments I've read; the performance gain is suppose to be quite significant. My question is wouldn't the gain only be noticeable at FULL throttle?

I understand that the throttle engagement point will not be met until I push the throttle in about 1/8 inch; however, once the throttle is engaged; I would expect the performance to be equivalent to a properly adjusted cable, until I reached the Full throttle position, where I will not be able to access the remaining portion of the throttle until it is properly adjusted.

I just want to understand how I would achieve better overall performance or is it just more top speed.

Old 02-08-2001, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct on this. By not having the cable adjusted correctly, the carb is not opening up all they way. This also gives the person the sensation that when the throttle is pushed in a little, the quad is doing nothing. With proper adjustment, as soon as you push the throttle it will jump!