Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex vs raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a auto so u cant use those 55hp as good plus its a polaris.

Old 02-11-2001, 12:29 PM
Range Rover

Take a different look at it. RELIABILITY

HONDA: earns 9 points
YAMAHA: earns 7 points
POLARIS: earns 3 points

these are based on our past experiences on our farm. your personal experiences could be different. all I know is that you can not argue that you will spend less on your polaris to make it the machine that a raptor and a 400ex are because you are going to spend twice on repairs what you do every time that you put a modification on. think about it

Old 02-11-2001, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

You can't ask a Honda vs Yamaha question in the Honda section of the forum. You should have asked it in the Buying An ATV section, because here all you'll get is Honda lovers with tons of Honda pride.

Old 02-11-2001, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

I've had a piston scuff in the engine and the rivets loosened up on the lower steering post bushing. The piston was under warranty and I replaced it with a Wiseco, so while it was apart I had the cylinder mildly ported and the head milled and rechambered by RCR.
The lower steering bushing was loose, and I'm very particular about this quad, so I replaced it with a HPD bushing.
The engine fires on the first push of the button every time, and has never failed to bring me back to the truck. So much for poor reliablity.
As for Syko, yes it's an auto, but with no belt slippage, all of that power is going to the back tires. Also, there's no interuption in power to the rear tires, like clutching to change gears.
And Mag, just remember, the less horsepower you make, the more reliable and engine is. That's why Honda's live forever. I seem to remeber multiple recalls on both the Ranchers and the Rubicon. Should we consider all those recalls strikes against their legendary reliablity?

Old 02-12-2001, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

I have nothing against polaris, and I tink the 400 sport 4X4 or 2X4 is a great quad. A couple of my frinds have them and thay rip but I havent seen many of them in a mx race or clearing 40' table tops.
You have to take them for what thay are great trail quads that are pretty quick and run good.

BooBoo,
2000 400EX

Old 02-12-2001, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

This guy should know better than posting this subject in the Honda Forums, and no it's not all Honda biased people in here either. Look at all the others that come in here to state there opinion. I personally think the 400ex is the way to go until the Raptor prooves itself for another year or so.

Old 02-12-2001, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Hey genius~(SykoQuadRider)
Care to share why his auto couldn't use those 55hp but a manual tranny could? It's all in the clutch mods. If you knew anything about Polaris quads, you would know there is a roller clutch available that makes any lag time non exixtance. Makes it feel like an auto-clutched quad. Oh no...so what if it is a Polaris. I think you're just jealous that he has a faster/better quad with less money put into it!!HEHE!

Old 02-12-2001, 07:39 PM
Range Rover

The 400ex is one hell of a quad, but the Raptor has more this and more of that, plus reverse.

j/t
01 Raptor Blk/White

Old 02-12-2001, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Damm! nc400ex01,Your 400 or 416 sounds pretty mean! i dont care how much some people might rag about how much we spend on our quads. Are you trick300ex from the extreme atv site?
If i was going to buy a new quad right now i would get a 400ex. It's just so smooth and i ride on mostly trails with lots of woops and i like to jump. ZERO, thats how many things have gone wrong with my quad, I broke some things myself but that's my fault, thats where the Honda Loyalty comes from. I have owned a blaster that was reliable and my friends Warrior took a beating, but Honda's are mostly bulletproof. My opinion.

Old 02-12-2001, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

i didnt mean to start a war i was just askin a simple question i dont have anything against the raptor it s really fast

Quick Reply: 400ex vs raptor