Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

No Owner's Manual, No Service Manual...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Owner's Manual, No Service Manual...

How come there are so many posts from folks who are to cheapo to even buy an owner's manual??? It would answer many of your questions, without coming on here and making a fool of yourself!

Better yet, get a service manual and read it like the Bible! Most of the lame questions we get in here, could be quickly answered if eveyone would take a look at the service manual first!!! I have learned a great deal about my engines, just paging through the manuals!

And...don't say they are to expensive. Anyone who can afford a quad, tires, gas, a truck to haul them around in, etc., etc., isn't so poor that they can't afford a service manual!

Old 03-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out www.tradebit.com i picked up a downloadable service manual yesterday for @ 8 bucks on my 07 680 rincon. it was for the 06 but the 07 is the same. only honda has one on it and its 50 bucks so i thought i would try it out. havent done more than just brouse through it yet but it appears to be decent.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

let us know how it is, if its good i'll look into one for my 250x from there....

Old 03-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

i used to own a 250x (and a 300 ex) and it was my first atv. i had a lot of good times with it and it was a fun ride

Old 03-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer

Reconranger

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed again today? lol....On these days, why not start out on the Polairis forum first...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

If everyone had the service manuals, new postings would drop considerably, then the majority of leftover posts would to to flame others atv's or to criticize what they say or spelling and grammer, which isn't healthy for the forum.

To make an interesting forum, it takes all types. I think your personality fits in pretty good too, mostly in the entertainment column though, cause you dont seem to care what you say here, who you offend or how its done.

I'm not a/the moderator, don't desire to, and don't have the time to. I also don't plan to visit this forum too much longer as my days get much more busy in the spring & summer months, but try be nice to people, just as nice as you would like them to be to you. I know you have much to contribute in this Honda forum. Alittle respect goes along way.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One should start with the service manual, then if you are stumped, come to the forum with your question...not the other way around!

Seems like the forum is just loaded with trivial questions these days.....

Old 03-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer

Reconranger

It might be that no one else see the rules for posting...I haven't seen it either.

The mostly "trival questions" means to me, that Honda is doing a good job with their product. Thats not a good reason to get bored with others maybe just wanting to chime in, or share the comrade. Stick with us, we need your spirit.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

You have a PM

Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Recon, I think the simple questions are from people that buy quads used and the original owner keeps the manual like a soveneir. I'm guity of that too. Most of us here are men and you know how most men are when it comes to reading directions. Engineer talk can be hard to understand and that is who is responsible for writing the manuals. The manuals don't offer the snide replies that the forum does. So all in all the forum is a more fun way to fix your machine. I have not yet posted about fixing a problem cause none of mine have any,(knock on wood) The other thing is that most people misplace things, so they don't want to buy something they know they have.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer

It is a point I suppose. But not worth a new thread IMO.

Quick Reply: No Owner's Manual, No Service Manual...