Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon Or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of em who tell me about the scrambler, have one. And only one is Unhappy with it! He is trading it in this year for an EX. Other then that they are all happy with it. But they have all made mods to em. I don't really wanna make any mods if I don't have to. Just a Warn 2000, and a Front Bash Plate, and Some tires after a while. Other then that, that's it for Mods. But like anything else I will probably want more. And I really don't care anymore if I am left behind or not. I can have fun trying to catch them I guess.. And It is what I want. Although the Price tag is way up there. But oh well. Dreams aint cheap!!

Old 02-14-2001, 02:56 PM
K2
Trailblazer

Dinkorban1,
Like others have said... don't worry about your friends!! I have a Rubicon and live on the west of town from you and work in your home town. Knowing what kind of lake effect snows you can get over there, get the Ruby, plow your drive and go ride in January when all your buddies are crying that the snow is to deep! When all that snow melts go ride again in all the mud that they can't get through either. Then when summer finally arrives, you can stay close to them in tight trails and slightly behind on open ones. I have seen write-ups that claim the Ruby has a 55 mph top speed. I haven't seen it yet or even tried , haven't needed to.

Didn't you say you sold a jet boat? Why? Is it because you could only use it part of the year? Why would you want a NEW toy that you can only use part of the year again??

K2

Old 02-14-2001, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

The EX's & Scramblers are going to be faster than a Rubicon. Get what you want & ignore your friends. They will be glad to have you along the first time one of them needs something carried.

Old 02-14-2001, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer

I sold the Jet Boat Because It got to be 2 much. I did not want to keep it at home, so I had to drive all the way to parma to pick it up, then to where ever we were going. And I only really took advantage of it on Holidays, because My Wife works Saturdays, and it I thought it was stupid to drive far away for 1 day and head home. So Me and my bud's used to go, and she would get mad. She loved it, but it wasn't worth it anymore. I will miss it.

Funny Thing. You live in NO, and work in Lyndhurst. Where do you work at? I am HOPEFULLY going to be working out where you live. That is weird. How bad of a drive is it?? We shall go riding when i get it.

Till then , take care
e-mail me

dinkorban@ameritech.net

Old 02-14-2001, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks.. But forget em. They can carry their own stuff. Right? I mean if they say that I will not see them all day what is the point anyway? Let them carry their stuff. Just cause I can don't mean I have to. I will charge them 5 Bux a pound.. Lol

Old 02-14-2001, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

London, is about 15-20 miles east of Columbus on I-70. Look for SR42 crossing I-70, then follow south about 5 miles. We will ride mainly at Wayne National Forest and probably some Perry State Forest. We will also make trips to Badlands, Big Rock, and especially Hatfield/McCoy! We've been riding in Haspin during the winter months, but may start going to Big Rock for a change of pace. E-mail me if you want to set something up for later in February...

Old 02-14-2001, 07:58 PM
Range Rover

Just my .02 as the saying goes but you might want to get the Feb issue of 4-Wheel ATV Action. It's not as thick or flashy as Dirt Wheels but sometimes seems a little tougher in its evaluations.
I know these mags are subject to advertizer pressure but over time I think you can get the general idea. (And Honda didn't advertise in this issue.) There's even a photo of the Rubie jumping a 50' gorge! Well, maybe it's a 5' ditch but you can't tell by the picture.