Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone own a trx 700?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guy's, I am reading reviews right now and your all right..this quad is not a race machine nor is it a practical utility quad...in my opinion it is an indulgence! I'm all over the web doing research and the guy's who own them say they take a bit of getting used to but are fun as hell. If I run acroosed any interesting comments and or reviews I will copy and paste them here, thanks bro's!!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trouble with posts like this, is that someone who owns a quad will usually defend their purchase to the bitter end, not wanting to admit they might have made a multi-thousand dollar mistake. Owner's input is certainly valuable, but needs to always be taken with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, when you get replies from someone who doesn't own one, that doesn't mean they are any less valuable. Consider that you may indeed, be getting the unbiased opinions from those who were wise enough not to waste their money on one in the first place!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

i would love to own one...there awesome imo, just people arent used to them yet, because there so different from other quads people kinda shy away from them and think its a dumb design or whatever, when its actually a great versatile quad.if i ever bought a new atv from a dealer one of these would definitely be on my mind to get. only thing i dont like that much is the front end design is kinda somewhat fugly, chain and sprocket location isnt very user friendly it might be a nice design but in return its gonna make what is usually an easy job to swap sprockets and install a new chain is gonna be a bit difficult.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

I'm no expert but I think I'll spend more time listening to owners of the quad rather than people don't, because the naysayers that have never thrown a leg over one shouldnt be bum wraping them at all. Also Ive noticed that all of the owners of the quad are basically saying the same things about how smooth the power and Irs are and how they push a little in the corners and stuff like that. It seems that While the 700xx is not for everyone it is one hell of a cool quad to own and is massive fun to drive. I love all brands and types of atv's and am not stuck on one. Up here in Alaska we got some of the nastiest knarly assed trails around and the solid axel is gonna have you ****ing blood at the end of a long day.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Pro Rider

The people that own them love them. It's always the ones that saw one in the dealership and sat on it and bash it. I don't know if it's envy or what. If it was a mistake I would say it was. I used to own a Raptor 700r and trust me that was a mistake. I got rid of that thing almost before it was broken in. IMO that was an over priced POS. After a month and a half it looked ten years old. I also had a Yamaha 450r and Honda 450r. Both were awesome, but almost useless for the type of trails I ride. I had a Suzuki 450 and I'm not going to start on that one. I'll sum it up in one word, TRASH. I've had a Rancher 420, Rincon 675, Recon 250, Grizzly 600, Wolverine 450, KTM 505 SX, Raptor 700 and 660. The list goes on. I have have at least one ATV from every single manufacturer over the past 4 years. The Honda 700xx is perfect FOR ME. It might not float everyone's boat. But for me it's been the best purchase I could have made. I feel you on the nasty trails because that's what I ride and the exact reason I got the xx in the first place. But a byproduct of that is, be it the trails or the strips, it has b!tch slapped nearly everything I have run against so far And if you want a good site for the 700xx it's here, club700xx.com. Any question you may have it'll be answered there. You have a couple of pro riders on there also that will help you out in any way they can.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coolrunnings
I'm no expert but I think I'll spend more time listening to owners of the quad rather than people don't, because the naysayers that have never thrown a leg over one shouldnt be bum wraping them at all. Also Ive noticed that all of the owners of the quad are basically saying the same things about how smooth the power and Irs are and how they push a little in the corners and stuff like that. It seems that While the 700xx is not for everyone it is one hell of a cool quad to own and is massive fun to drive. I love all brands and types of atv's and am not stuck on one. Up here in Alaska we got some of the nastiest knarly assed trails around and the solid axel is gonna have you ****ing blood at the end of a long day.
All I have done here over and over is point out that this is an odball machine for specialized conditions....it's not for everybody! Sounds like it maches your riding conditions very well, so you are one of the few out there that can probably benefit from its features.

I too sometimes ride rocky rutted trails, but not constantly. Would it be worth it for me to haul around 100+ pounds of extra dead weight iron on a sport quad 90% of the time, just so I could have the comfort of IRS 10% of the time.....NO! (On the other hand, would it be worth the penalty to haul that around on a utility quad which would be my first choice in rocky rutted terrain anyway...probably.)

Every prospective buyer needs to ask themselves that same question, and for most folks out there, clearly the correct answer will also be NO.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reconranger
beerbelly utility crowd who seem to require a belt drive automatic.
So when you get your new Rancher AT does it come with a beerbelly because it has an automatic or is it just the belt drives?

Old 05-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

His statements don't apply to him. Remember he thinks the 700xx is an overweight pig of an ATV at 500lbs. But at the same time his Rancher weighs in the neighborhood of 600lbs and makes less than half the hp the xx does??? Go figure that one out.....

Old 05-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

Does the 700xx really weigh 100 pounds more? I thought it was only 50-60? Also I'm a lardass at 350 pounds myself so Ive never been to critical about weight...I even prefer plus size chicks.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

The 700xx weighs about 50lbs more than the 700r's true weight putting the xx at 505lbs. But it makes 10 more hp which more than makes up for the extra weight. I was talking about the statements people make saying the xx is an overweight pig, when the utility they ride makes half the power and weighs 100 lbs more than the xx.