Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dale Earnhart dies in accident at 500 !

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doctors said it wouldent have mattered what he was wearing he would have died no matter what.
Very sad day for any wone who ever liked any kind of moter sports.
I will be putting a #3 on mt truck even thow I drive a Dodge Ram.
My prayers are with him and his family.
(Dale Earnhart the Wayne Gretzy of NASCAR)

Old 02-21-2001, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

There is a big difference between team racing where each driver is doing his/her best to win and the situation on Sunday where an owner (and in one case the Father) of the two lead cars is positioned behind them. I feel quite certain that the driver who bumped Dale's car (a tactic that we all know Dale had a reputation for doing himself) did so knowing this as well.

Running together to increase speed is part of racing. Keeping others from making it to the front will lead to disaster.

Old 02-22-2001, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

First of all my thoughts and prayers are with the Earnhardt family. As a racer, I know the closeness racing brings to a family, everyone helps out. I have shed many tears over this loss. I cant imagine what the family is going through, or maybe I can, as it brings back memories of loved ones passed on.

Secondly, I just read an article on Dale Sr. in the Sports Illustrated issue with him and Dale Jr. on the cover. It seems Dale Sr. had been living with sever neck pain from several accidents. At one point it said he could hardly get out of bed. Semi-recentley, he underwent a 2 hour surgerey where the doctors fused together several veterbrate, or "plated it" as Dale said. As a neck injury survivor, I think this definetley added to the factors that killed Dale Earnhardt. Neck injurys take FOREVER to heal, sometimes never. As with anything, a body can only take so much abuse, over and over, before that body fails.

There are so many "only if" and "what ifs" and "shouldas" running through everyones mind, but when the good Lord calls you home, nothing mortal is going to stop it.