Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Correcting > "Using a Resonance Chamber in a Honda TRX450R"

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correcting > "Using a Resonance Chamber in a Honda TRX450R"

The atvconnection main page now features an article so titled that was written July 9th.

When to Use a Resonance Chamber

I read it and felt that it should be corrected. But I had trouble figuring out "who" to contact and/or how to contact them to let them correct it.

I guess a guy wrote in a question somewhere...

My buddies told me the best way to get the most out of a new exhaust system for my TRX450R is to run a resonance chamber. What is this, will it work, and if so, how?
And this becomes an article... but is lacking useful information if you too want to know anything about how to get the best out of your quad.... and/or if you are now willing to swallow the truth about 4 stroke exhaust.

The bottom line is this... if you want REAL performance, with a measurable increase in ANYTHING besides the noise level.... to be honest, you have to turn to a TRUE "TUNED" exhaust system. And true tuned exhausts are few and far between... because the masses are content to fork out hundreds for an exhaust that "sounds" like it is giving them more performance. So why invest in R&D when sound sells?

Well, it doesn't sell me.

I come from the days when an investment in off-road exhaust was worth it's cost in performance gains (the 2 stroke days) so up to this point I have not been at all impressed with aftermarket 4 stroke exhaust. My judgment is not clouded by sound, and my craving for performance is not satisfied by something that sounds more powerful.

So what is the point you ask?...

Well, if the person with the original question comes into this thread, I can pretty much guarantee you the buddy who gave him this priceless performance information either rides a dirt bike or has Jardine Exhaust like I do now.

Dirt bike R&D flies way ahead of quads in all sectors. Dirt bike guys are already experiencing the truth... and so am I since Jardine produces ATV exhaust with resonance chambers and I don't have to lag behind.

So the major correction in the article needs to be on the answer.

If this guy or any of you want to get the most out of your new exhaust system, go for a true tuned exhaust and invest in a Jardine Exhaust.

Jardine makes the RT-99 full exhaust for your TRX450 like I have on my KFX450.

ATV EXHAUST ALUMINUM FULL SYSTEM at Jardine Performance Products jardineproducts.com

So the front page picture associated with the article should be changed to an image of a Jardine system, since this is an ATV forum and they make ATV exhaust with resonators.

This is the first off-road 4 stroke exhaust that has EVER impressed me.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot believe you guys are not already "all over this" wanting to learn about it.

Have all of you already been suckered into buying the "it sounds more powerful" exhaust?

If so, I have too... and I'm not afraid to admit that.
But I have learned from my mistakes.

My 400EX for example has full Yoshimura exhaust.
Looks nice, sounds nice... but the performance gains are nil... more like a joke.

Very expensive pony or two... which probably could have been had for the price of better jets alone.