Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Thinking about Upgrading to Rancher

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 04:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deadeye, Snowshark, HondaHunter, Makwheeler, and Drewkeen: Thanks for your replies. I appreciate your input. I purchased a 2wd ES a couple of days ago. I haven't had the chance to ride it enough to get used to the ES, but the weekend is almost here.

Utahrancherrider, Hogmaster, and RichardB:
I realize that the Rancher and the Recon are classified as utility machines, but if you have ever ridden the Recon, you would see how sporty and fun it is. I purchased the Recon because I use it for work and for play, the same thing I plan on using my Rancher for. I have ridden dirt bikes for over 25 years and like to ride a wheelie once in awhile. This was not a deciding factor in which atv I purchased, I was merely trying to get an idea of how it would handle and perform compared to my Recon. By the way, I too am an engineer.

Old 03-05-2001, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

uhlme,
Well congrats on your new rancher. While we are talking about engineers I also am one. I am a manufacturing engineer for a company in Hopkinton Mass. Sorry if my previous reply sounded so huffy. Goodluck with the new bike. I just took mine on the longest trip so far yesterday. Went 12 miles and it ran excellent. But as you can see my part of Mass is recieving 2-3 ft of snow as we speak. This should make this weekends riding kind of challenging. See you in the forum!

Hogmaster

Old 03-07-2001, 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

hogmaster,
Thanks for the reply. Are you still buried in snow up there or were you able to get out and have some fun?

Old 03-07-2001, 03:18 PM
Range Rover

UHMLE,
Luckily I went for a long ride on saturday because I dont think I will be riding for at least a week. Well it all depends on when the snowmobiles get out there and repack the trails. We had approx. 2 feet on the ground before this storm and with 28" in the last two days its impossible to go riding.(other than in my drive way) To make things worse we are going to be getting at least another foot on friday night. It really sucks because I had the last two days off because they declared it a "state of emergency" up here and did nothing but snow blow and watch movies with the wife. Well I will stop my complaining now and pretend to get some work done.

hennyhog