Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Removing carb for cleaning on a '2000' 350 Rancher

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the wire that broke off should be a slip on connector. simple plug on style that comes in most wiring repaire kit. splice the wire if it is to short and put on a new connector, solder the wire if you can. heat shrink the wiring and you should be ok.
Also if you ride in much water use silicon grease on ALL ele. connections, this is for all brands of atvs, not just honda.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was at the shop to get the fuel filter yesterday and it appears on the parts breakdown pictures that it is an oil temp sensor. It controls the fan so if it isnt hooked up the fan wont start at all when needed. It should be no big deal to fix. It sucks but I have not had a chance to get back under the bike yet this week.

I am not putting the honda factory fuel filter back in the tank, its $21 for that ridiculous looking thing which is outrageous for "only" a "filter" but more importantly... I do not want to have to pull the dang tank off every time I want to change or/ check the filter. With the garbage fuel these days I will be cleaning the filters annually from now on ! I bought a small clear in-line filter and it will be visible and have easy access now to change.

This year I had to tinker with my riding mower, the roto-tiller and my chainsaw because of fuel issues and I am getting tired of it !

Ok , Im done whinin'...

Old 12-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Any truth to this?

I was told that with just the carb on the bike and no air box that it would bog when reved but when it was all was hooked up it would smooth out. I didnt think it would matter but the guy at the shop said it is important for all to be in place. ???

Make sense to anyone???

Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes. Running without the airbox will result in a lean mixture in parts of the RPM range.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

He and you were right Jeff...it made sense !

I got the bike back together "complete" today and it runs as good as the day I bought off the showroom floor ! Once I put the air box back in it was like night and day. I learned a lot about my bike over the last couple weeks and a HUGE thanks to you Jeff and this forum for the great info I have read here to help me along with this first time ever tear down on the rancher.

It was raining pretty steady today but I still managed a quick run to test it out in the bog behind the barn... Its been years since this machine ran this good !

Old 12-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Excellent.

Good to hear you've got it going good.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

My nephew is pumped Jeff ! He took it for a quick ride today too but the rain and cold was a bit much. Its snowing now but I dont think it will accumulate much... sure would be fun though. My wife is like a kid again too, she loves to ride and actually tells everyone this is her quad...LOL (I just say "yes dear")

It broke my heart to see the bike sit idle so long but that wont happen again now that I have some knowledge.