Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2007+ 300EX, will I be bored?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if I would say that man. The Raptor 350/Warrior 350 is a very comfortable and reliable machine. I am also pretty sure that the Raptor has a more updated suspension from the Warrior. I am not trying to bash Honda's, as I do own both, but I think Yamaha has a great, time proven, design with this machine and quite frankly if it works than why change it? And if you want to talk about being out dated, the 300ex is getting to be pretty old technology too now, its been around what, 15-16 years now with pretty much just cosmetic changes over the past 2 years or so? Just because it is an older design does not necessarily mean its junk.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:14 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I would not count out a 420 Rancher but the 2wd model, less weight then the already light and nibble 420 4x4 and less money to buy, I really never really need 4wd on 90% of trail rides.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

i have a 400ex now i used to have a warrior.yea the 400ex is faster but the warrior is very dependable i used to beat the sht out of my warrior and had 0 problems.i would definetly pick the warrior over the 300 any day.some people on here are biast because they think honda is the best as you can tell.the best is what YOU think is the best for you.my vote goes to the warrior.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ATVrider89
I don't know if I would say that man. The Raptor 350/Warrior 350 is a very comfortable and reliable machine. I am also pretty sure that the Raptor has a more updated suspension from the Warrior. I am not trying to bash Honda's, as I do own both, but I think Yamaha has a great, time proven, design with this machine and quite frankly if it works than why change it? And if you want to talk about being out dated, the 300ex is getting to be pretty old technology too now, its been around what, 15-16 years now with pretty much just cosmetic changes over the past 2 years or so? Just because it is an older design does not necessarily mean its junk.
ditto!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

We have a Warrior, and I used to own a 250X (300ex w/ a few less cc's and kick start). While neither one can be called a powerhouse, both make good rides for tight trails. I'm only 5'11" and 145lbs, and a Blaster felt alot more cramped than my 250X did. I loved being able to toss the Honda around, and zip through the trees. The Warrior is still a good, rugged bike. It's just bigger. The ergonomics feel big while sitting on it; and it feels long, narrow, and heavy while riding it. I'd honestly rather have my 250X back, than the Warrior, but that's me. If a 400ex is out of the question, and you're not concerned about speed, a 300ex makes for a great little trail bike.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

im in ontario, unless you've had claims prior, try Primmum Insurance Company
were with them with a grizzly 660 and scrambler 400 for under $500 a year, but ur price may more then just basic laibility right?
my vote goes to the 400ex, then 300ex then raptor

Old 12-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moto134
some people on here are biast because they think honda is the best as you can tell.the best is what YOU think is the best for you.my vote goes to the warrior.
I beat the crap out of my Warrior too, year after year....probably before you were born! It was a high quality, very reliable machine! (There was always a pile of shavings and clutch fibers in the oil filter every time I changed oil, but it didn't seem to hurt the engine, for some reason....go figure.) By the standards back then it was considered a descent design....but by today's standards it falls way short and Yamaha should have been honest about this and taken if off the market a decade ago!

Anyone thinking of buying one or the Raptor 350, will be making a foolish mistake!!! You can do way better...don't waste your money! I would happily ride a Raptor 250 or the sweet little Blaster, before I would ever ride a 350 again. (Yes, I had a Blaster too and now have a Yamaha motorcycle and plan to buy a WR dual-sport bike next month if Obama doesn't redistribute to much of my wealth, so nobody can call me an anti-Yamaha guy. Do I need to also list my three Suzukis and Kawi as well??? But....maybe I finally prefer Honda after all those years of riding everything else....for a good reason???)

To the original poster.....yes you will probably be bored on the 300 unless all you ride is tight woods trails, but of all your options it is probably the best one!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:08 AM
Faf
Trailblazer

I have a 2000 300ex and love it! It is a great machine to go out and have some fun. No race machine for sure. Superb on trails, will low speed all day, and plenty of power for wheelies, doughnuts and just plain horseing around. Old teck, new teck who gives a crap. If the machine does what you want, feels good under your butt and is affordable to you, thats the quad for me.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!

Originally Posted by reconranger
I would happily ride a Raptor 250 or the sweet little Blaster, before I would ever ride a 350 again.
I guess it's just a matter of preference than, I cannot speak for the Raptor 250 but I know I fit way batter on my Raptor than I have on any Blaster, old or new body style. I am guessing the Raptor 250 might handle a little better? Maybe? But the Raptor still has it in top end power. I ride use my Raptor for many diffent applications, it comes to work with me a lot in the summer and I tear up construction sites with it afterwork and I am pretty happy with it. I can understand how quads like the 400ex and z400, etc... can out perform it but I still look at the Raptor 250, Blaster (stock), and 300ex as underdogs to it.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

qoute probably before you were born! i dont think so im 35 been riding since i was 5 but i forgot you know everything!!! another thing the 400ex hasnt changed either but reverse and plastics so why doesnt honda change it...isnt it out dated ??? my warrior was more comfortable than my 400ex.

Quick Reply: 2007+ 300EX, will I be bored?