Old 03-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha, it worked. Thanks!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is funny. Watch some of the youtube vid's of the robot falling down! That is the same system that runs this. I have a feeling people are going to be crashing all over the place. I say let the games begin! haha

Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honda is a very conservative and strange company IMO. I guess considering the beating that they took in all the lawsuits over the 3-wheelers back when they owned over 70% of the market might keep them from wanting to be the biggest and the baddest out there, I really believe that a huge part of it could be the liability issues. Who knows why Honda thinks what they think?

While I agree 100% with using ASIMO as an example of what Honda is capable of producing technologically; one can only imagine the kind of ATV that they are capable of producing if they made the decision to once again own the market and produce the ultimate ATVs. I’m sure a PCM controlled electronic AWD traction control is child’s play for Honda and the need or desire for lockers would become a thing of the past.

The one thing I do find sad is knowing that the other manufactures like Polaris are already producing the very best that they are capable of producing.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:55 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
The one thing I do find sad is knowing that the other manufactures like Polaris are already producing the very best that they are capable of producing.

ehh- that's kind of a moot statement- every manufacturer is currently only producing it's very best... it changes every day. Every manufacturer is capable of producing better every day- honda is no different- all depends on the what market each one is currently focusing on.

but comparing polaris to honda is like comparing a local micro-brewery to Anheuser-Busch.
Honda manufacturers everything from electronics components to heavy equipment- Polaris makes off-roading toys and boats. Honda's R&D department would out engineer anything polaris's R&D dept could whip up, but so could polaris if they wanted to expand their R&D into other markets like honda.

Polaris is making impressive strides in atv off-roading, more so then honda- but honda is on the cutting edge of green technology, and less interested in atv R&D.