Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

You know you're a Honda rider if....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011 | 07:37 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
you know ur a honda rider when u fall for there 80's reputation and think nobody else is as reliable..

I guess we should giv'em that one... they have nothing else to brag about even if every other atv currently made is as reliable as the next

Old 06-16-2011 | 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by beergut
you know you're a honda rider when you hijack a thread to talk about the weather

Weather IS part of riding, Rain beats down the dust, so us Honda Riders dont got to wait on the popo's over heating.....hahahaha J/K

Old 06-16-2011 | 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

when you electronic shift system fails to shift...

when your only true achievement from a full day of riding is that you only had to stop twice to put motor oil in your quad...

when your new model has the exact same frame, engine and specs as the old 87 model you used to own...

when your family dog has to step in for your quad and pull the small trailer around the yard just so you can finish the yard work...

when the factory warning sticker states that " caution: this atv is not designed for off road use, please refrain from riding, sitting on, or looking at. remove all decals and keep in garage under a tarp to spare yourself the constant criticism from your riding companions"...

im a huge honda lover, just thought ide throw a few jokes out there. hondas never die they just need refueled...

Old 06-17-2011 | 06:29 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by wydglide
Weather IS part of riding, Rain beats down the dust, so us Honda Riders dont got to wait on the popo's over heating.....hahahaha J/K
honestly- polaris's are not known for overheating at all- they have the largest radiators in their atv's- my xp850 radiator looks like it came out of a compact car!

atv's that have been prone to overheating I've owned were the BF (all the time), the outlander (after some real thick mud) and wilsons honda rincon (after some mud) but I've never seen a polaris or yammy overheat- though I guess any atv will overheat if you clog it with mud...

Old 06-17-2011 | 07:01 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Hondas can be air cooled because of the low HP/per cc they make, put once you get to a certain power rating air cool with oil coolers will not cut it any longer.

A 500 Foreman pushing 27hp may get by on air cooled but a 500 Sportsman pushing 36hp and 500 Outlander pushing 40 hp need liquid cooling.

Old 06-17-2011 | 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

atv's that have been prone to overheating I've owned were the BF (all the time), the outlander (after some real thick mud) and wilsons honda rincon (after some mud) but I've never seen a polaris or yammy overheat- though I guess any atv will overheat if you clog it with mud...
Anything will overheat if you pack enough mud into it. But, yeah, that 850 XP rad is so big I'm suprised they didn't add an air conditioned seat!

Funny thing about my Rincon overheating....I never put the screen back in after I installed the winch. All the mud was hitting the rad directly. I have since replaced the screen, we'll se how it does this summer (this thread has not convinced me to give up on Honda, yet!) What can I say? I'm not a mechanic (BG's favorite line...)

Old 06-17-2011 | 09:46 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by wilson911
Anything will overheat if you pack enough mud into it. me to give up on Honda, yet!) What can I say? I'm not a mechanic (BG's favorite line...)
that line works great when buyers start asking tecnical questions you don't want to answer

Old 06-17-2011 | 09:49 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by TLC
Hondas can be air cooled because of the low HP/per cc they make, put once you get to a certain power rating air cool with oil coolers will not cut it any longer.

A 500 Foreman pushing 27hp may get by on air cooled but a 500 Sportsman pushing 36hp and 500 Outlander pushing 40 hp need liquid cooling.

plus- you have to be careful about submerging an aircooled motor- they don't have the same buffering capacity to protect the cylinder against sudden cooling when hitting a river and you can really damage the topend good- the cooling jackets in a liquid cooled motor buffer the temp when hitting a water hole -

Old 06-17-2011 | 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

plus- you have to be careful about submerging an aircooled motor- they don't have the same buffering capacity to protect the cylinder against sudden cooling when hitting a river and you can really damage the topend good- the cooling jackets in a liquid cooled motor buffer the temp when hitting a water hole -
Now thats a Fact ....but the comment I made is a inside joke between me & Tee....the popo WAS packed with mud big time!

cant remember is I posted a link to the video I took or not.....I was messing with them about being Catholic, telling them not to sprinkle water on it DUNK it all the way under!

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhCwDyNiDoU

Old 06-17-2011 | 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

You know you're a Honda rider when you could care less what these folks are talking about b/c it's never happened to yours....that it leaves you open to discuss the weather conditions during your rides.

As hot as it was, Buzz performed rather well for HF11. A success in my eyes, bro. Eff all the planning...let's just get up Trail 27 without me on Full Throttle next time LOL.

For the 4th, I want to ride on your side....up to the Flatts and all those areas on the 1st ride I had out there. If you don't mind. Also saves time loading up, etc.

Quick Reply: You know you're a Honda rider if....