Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

07 Honda Rincon Not Alot Of Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Honda Rincon Not Alot Of Horsepower

Hi guys i bought a 2007 honda rincon with 900 miles on it used over the weekend for $3000 it has 2" lift a Snorkl kit and HMF setup and 27" outlaws. The guy said it needed just wheel bearings on rear so i fixed that and it runs and drive but it dosent seem to have as much horse power! i was trying to climb a hill from dead stop and it would'nt pull it. Is that normal cause it seems to do alright when getting speed up so i was thinking will the 27's cause it to lose some of its power. Also the lifters tick pretty bad dont know if thats a issue but it had water in all the oil which i change.

any ideas?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Very first thing: Do a leak down and/or a compression test.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Two things, the Rincon has no low range just 3 Automatic gears and all are on the taller side and 39hp for a 680cc is low on the HP scale, 550s push that much.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

I can't imagine any situation where if you punched a rincons throttle and it didnt either move forward, spin, or flip over. I've heard of them having a hard time pushing 27 28 inch tires in really soupy thick mud but i still think if it was in 1st gear and you punched it, it would spin and throw mud everywhere. Sounds messed up unless you weigh 500lbs.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

well the back wheel was kinda pinnind on a log on the tip of it i was trying to go up and around a big fallen tree. I do know it has noisey lifters im not sure if thats a problem or not cause i had turcks that had noisey ones as well and they run fine. And it dose smoke a little when i first start it after setting awhile but dosent somke when i run it.

i can do a compresson test on it and let u know what it says. What type of compressen should these atv's be getting? i know my car gets like 90 psi

Old 05-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's just that they are geared really high. They are not made for 27 inch+ true mud tires. If you want more power you will have to get a big red gear reduction

Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

if there was water in engine oil, its probably in the tranny, and diffs too, sounds like its been submerged, may have more problems, ma be why it smokes

Old 05-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

Hondas arent now for power there more ment for work and power my outlander 400 is pushing 32 ***** power but hondas are still good reliable machines could be just the machine has been siiting could be why it smokes a little just use it and it should clear up but i know the tires are to big im running stock 25 and i havent lost any power with them i get now tire bog and i can pop the front up on pavement or mud

Old 05-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

i couldnt log in through facebook so i made me a account. Yeah your probly right its more and likely the big tires. Cause i changed the oil and the motor and tranny shares oil so i know its all clean and it dosent seem to be slippin.

Now i got one other issue it has a dang loud muffler and sounds like a harley how would i go about making it sound stock again cause im really not into the loud atv's i know if has the HMF i dont know if thats what makes it loud or if its a custom muffler.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont know much abour rincons but i had the same problem with my rancher. The ticking was an adjuster on the rocker arm had come loose, causing the rod to move around on the lifter and rocker assymbly. This caused the valve to not open properly and the power to suck. That may be the ticking you hear. also if it smokes only when you first start it, it sounds like valve stem seals to me.

Quick Reply: 07 Honda Rincon Not Alot Of Horsepower