Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Caught by the law today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hate the stupid ****s that call the cops for fun. We got this kid in my neighborhood who wants a quad really bad and his parents hate quads and dirtbikes. So i guess eveytime he hears us riding (just putting around in the backyard even) he will tell his mom he wants one again (i guess thats what he does) and sure enough 20 minutes later 2 cops show up. Sometimes (after it rains) my neighbor and i wanna work on our quads so we will take one of them to the others garage. We dont really wanna tear up the yard so we ride very slowly and carefully over to the others house. It probably is not but a 75 yards away. Then 20 minutes later the cops show up. But what i dont understand is is the pull up front bumper to front bumper and close off the driveway as if we were going to make a run for it. And even if we were, we are on ALL TERRAIN VEHICLES. I think they might be able to handle the front lawn. I really, really do not like cops. We pay them good tax money to come and right us tickets. How retarded.

Old 03-24-2001, 04:10 PM
Range Rover

thats pretty funny, blocking of the driveway when you can just zip on by using the yard. heck some atv's have enough ground clearence to drive over the front of the cop car. but it's really a shame that people dont like atv's, they judge us by what we ride. not on how we ride it.

Old 03-24-2001, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

Last fall I was pulled over by a dep. sherriff while riding a paved secondary road to a riding area. Cop checked my driver's license and insurance paper (which I keep under the seat always). He told me ok and thanks and drive safe. I asked him about the legality on riding roads and he said he did'nt care as long as I have a driver's license, proof of insurance and helmet (which I did). Actually, from the questions he asked, I got the impression he was hoping maybe I was'nt insured.

Old 03-25-2001, 02:17 AM
Range Rover

i had a 88 mojave 250

i live in NEPA , the 2nd most largest population of elderly people in America

i kno about bit*hy neighbors

i got caught once , i was crossing main street from a paved alley to a dirt alley . i just got a warning . if the cop was a as* , i would have had my atv impounded & had 2 pay a fine of like 100 bux i think .

luvs........................i'm a chick it's kewl

Old 03-25-2001, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

Mojave88, I live about 30 minutes from Scranton, (montrose) and the cops here are real bad also. We aren't so much alowed to ride on dirt roads. I can see main roads but dirt roads shouldnt be that big of a deal.

Old 03-25-2001, 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I live in West virginia and it is legal to ride quads on the roads,hiways, ect. as long as you follow the following guidelines: you must have a valid drivers license. you must wear a helmet. you must have headlights & taillight. you must use hand signals and follow all traffic laws,and you must also have a horn. Although I dont ride up and down the road for the fun of it I do need to cross it from trail to trail. If I see A cop I stop And talk to them. They will not tell you it is legal but I have a letter from the attorney Generals office to all WV. State Police departments explaing the laws about ATVS on State roadways.

Old 03-25-2001, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey what are the things you have to have to make a quad street legal? I would imagine:

Special street tires
Horn
lights
Insurance

What else?
Maybe brake lights or what, that would be sweet to cruise around town on my quad.

Old 03-25-2001, 06:28 PM
Trailblazer

hey MoJave88, im from Old Forge which is like 1 town over from Scranton. Where do you ride?

Old 03-25-2001, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It used to be legal to ride the Forest roads of Michigan prior to 1991.Now,in lower Mi we must be on a ''DESIGNATED''ATV trail or risk impoundment and a fine.If its not posted as open,than its closed to ATVs.

I have a real problem with that law.Its ok for dual sport bikes,snowmobiles and ORV trucks to ride the Forest lands,but not a ATV.I also used to run from the law,that is until a few yrs ago,I realized how foolish I was and what a danger I was to our sport.We now have ATV associations that are here in Michigan for us ATVers and hopefully we can get our forest roads re-opened again to ATVs.

Dont run from the law,its bad for our sport,
Bill

Old 03-25-2001, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Its hard to get caught on a ds650 goign through a corn field at 70some milesper hour, then hitting the hills...

Quick Reply: Caught by the law today.