Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Caught by the law today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2001, 09:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MikeBMX81

dude , like YO

i am in Duryea , i could c Old Forge , like down the hill ............

i ride ......

-@ the "arena" in Avoca
-the coal piles in Pittston
-@ my familys cabin in Thornhurst
-the swamp roads in Duryea, w/ the jumps that go 2 Old Forge
-2 Camels ledge in Ransom
-w/ my ATV club in Noxen , a 6,000 acres mountain
-w/ the club 2 in Naticoke , 4 coal piles
-w/ the club 2 Rails 2 Trails , in Forest City

how 'bout u ?

would like 2 hook up & ride , when i get another bike , i hope this June.

c u ........................... luv me

Old 03-25-2001, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

I have been pulled over by the cops 3 times, and since I have pulled over right away, and was polite (good manners, shut off motor, take off helmet), I have earned their respect, and they are nice to me. I see them all the time, and they just wave. It is so sweet that while most of my friends are riding around on the skateboards, I can hop on my 400ex, and ride to someones house. It's also pretty nice being able to ride to the local gas station/mini mart and fill up the tank. It probably should me noted that I live in a rural area, and that my town consists of a gas station, a couple houses, a bar, and a restraunt.

Old 03-26-2001, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Here in Whitehorse it's legal to ride a snowmobile down the street to the trails, but not an ATV. Still, I've had 3 cops tell me that as long as I ride slowly and safely from my house to the trail they think that is OK. I've been going VERY SLOWLY down the street to the trails for 8 years and the cops have always been good about it.
You guys that race around the streets and run from the cops are the ones that ruin it for the rest of us. The sport of ATVing has a bad enough reputation already. Do the rest of us a favour and SMARTEN UP! It's guys like you that give the ANTI's the ammunition they need to shut us down!

Old 03-26-2001, 05:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YukonRon,
thank you for that post,it made very good sense.Now if we can only get the rest of the ATV world to stop for law enforcement?
Bill

Old 03-26-2001, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Ya sure! A DS can out run the radio too I bet!
I would hate to have a $7k quad impounded...

I have run from the cops. I have gotten away with it a couple times. But, once, the local officer just went to my house and waited for me. He waited a while too, cuz I ditched him over 45 minutes previously. That ended with a threat. I promised not to do it again (I was riding tapped in 5th on a paved city street) He said if I go slow and quiet, as far off the shoulder as possible, he would leave me alone.
Then there was the time down in Mesa, AZ, the local saw me cross a paved road at a 90, slowly I might add, and he chased me right across the desert. No way to lose him there, he could follow my dust. Plus THEY HAVE RADIOS! That ended in a court date where I was luckily let off by a (very attractive ) woman judge who said he wrote me up under the wrong code. I just always pushed the trike across the road after that one.

I think if you are respectful and haven't caused trouble before, stopping for the officer may be the easiest/cheapest/smartest thing to do. If you are a troublemaker, have been stopped and fined alot, maybe you better find another hobby.

Just don't run and **** of the locals so I get a ticket next time I am stopped.