Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

07 Rancher es will not shift, help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No towing, or pulling anything heavy, always used the Honda oil for 4 strokes. Even my grown kids who ride don't lug it around, they have been riding since tots. I have never pulled the case off covering the clutch assembly, don't really know what to look for unless something came off the back of the adjusting screw, so now it has no effect on the clutch system. I'll keep plugging along with it till I get it figured out.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

roadrash1968
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now Join Date: Apr 2013

2001 honda rancher es shift problems
i have had shift problems for the last month now. I have gone threw the manual numerous times checking the angle sensor [which is just a continuity check]. The shift motor which you can check by running a hot wire to the orange wire and a ground wire to the green wire to motor . Motor should spin, reverse wires and motor should spin in the other direction.My problem came down to the computer not sending out up or down shift signals to the shift motor. Called honda and they said i need a new computer which cost roughly 450.00.Upon further research I have found that the computer looses it's internal ground.To check for this problem go back to your angle sensor located beside shift motor there are 3 wires at my angle sensor.Disconnect wires from sensor locate blue/bluishgreen wire.Insert a [small] cotter pin into back of connector.run a jumper wire from the cotter pin to a good ground.Plug back into angle sensor if shifter works this is your problem [faulty ground in computer].Make a new ground wire to the blue/bluishgreen wire. HOPE THIS HELPS HAS WORKED FOR ME