Trx 200 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

Default Trx 200

Not sure of the year but it's shaft drive which I read are early models. I got it as part of a package deal, not familiar with them. It just needs a stator as far as I know but I'm having trouble getting the wood ruff key and flywheel back on. Any tips/ideas?
Old 05-15-2018, 02:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If the crankshaft keyway is a bit worn the key has a tendancy to slide out when you shove the flywheel on but if you set it so the key is at a slightly bigger angle than the crank taper, the flywheel should slide over then shove the back end of the key down as it goes. As far as I know, the shaft drive Big Red three wheeler was 84 to 86 and the four wheeler 86 only.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

I haven't messed with it much yet because I'm still trying to find a stator. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Doubt if you will get one. Is it the exciter or charging coils that have failed? Either way, you can get the coils that have failed re-wound, if new ones are not available.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryman View Post
Doubt if you will get one. Is it the exciter or charging coils that have failed? Either way, you can get the coils that have failed re-wound, if new ones are not available.
I need the whole thing. I'm not sure what happened but the mounting holes snapped off. It appears something came apart cause two of the coils have broken connections. I got it on a trade so I don't know anymore but it appears to just need a stator. Thanks again.