Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

1986 250R VS 1986 LT250R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 09:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey PIMP250, you just made my point, CP doesn't even own the Raptor. If you read carefully he owns a 400EX.

Everyone in this forum jumps the gun.

And hey Barry manilow, check out any of the national races and tell me who rides a suzuki? If anyone does, they sure don't win.

I learned my lesson with my 87' lt500r.

Old 08-10-2001, 09:29 AM
CP
Trailblazer

.....and this one time at band camp there was this guy who always used to always say "goonie goo-goo."

-This is exactly how ridiculous this forum is getting. Ain't that the truth JS660!

Old 08-10-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

you guys are retarded...most of you who are dissin quadracers haven't even ridden one i'll bet. and what makes the 250r better than a quadracers? and if its better than why do the LT's always beat the 250r's in the dirtwheels shootouts?

Old 08-10-2001, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

another good point...people that think DirtWheels is the final authority on ANYTHING needs to have their heads examined.

Bob, some people from San Diego and such are coming to Oklahoma...why don't you catch a ride with them and come ride?

Old 08-11-2001, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

*sigh* its people like you who ruin the forums for every1 else. hey lets be cool and bash quads we know nothing about.

Old 08-11-2001, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Alright, look, there was a simple question asked. Sorry if I came of alittle **** headed on that first response of mine. But there wasnt really to much of a straight answer up untill then. Simply, I owned both of these machines. Maybe it was just my bikes, but the Honda whooped the Suzuki all around. After a while I stripped the Suzukis motor down, bored it, put in a Wisco Pro Light piston and ring set put in an oversized carb, Boysen Reeds, DG pipe, knocked some teeth out of the back sproket, and then it had the Honda in a Drag Race just fine. On the track was another story, the Honda still had it. But when I had my bikes stock for stock the Honda took the Suzuki. I will say this though, the Suzuki was a more dependable machine. My Honda went through three top end rebuilds to my Suzukis one.
Sorry if I may have p!ssed any of you off, I know where ur coming from, when someone talks crap about my machine I get mad too.

Old 08-11-2001, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

juggalo, it is not people like me who study the subject that ruin the forums, its all of the people that come here with the attitude 'Dirt Wheels/4WA said so, so it must be the truth!'

I often read over ATV Sport, but I don't subscribe to any of the mags, as they pretty much just have the same thing to say about everything.

As a 250R owner, I've done my fair share of racing, some on the track, and some on the sand at Silver Lake. I have yet to see an 85 or 86 LT dominate a Honda 250R...not saying that built right they can't, but the handleing package and motor just aren't up to par with the 250R or 87 on Suzuki.

I'm not bashing Suzuki, I'd probably be riding an 89 LT if I didn't find my 250R when I did, but the facts are the facts. I also know enough about the Suzuki to have an opinion on them (have ridden, worked on, and been around them for a long time)

Old 08-11-2001, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

jugglo wy aren't you buying a LT250 with your insurance check if there so good? if im right you wanted a 250R [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2001, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

I havent ridden an LT250, but I do own a Honda. However, I am not gonna say that the suzuki's are POS's or anything like that either. At my local track, there are 4 suzuki's which race and usually 3 or 4 250r's. One of the suzuki's does well every weekend, however one day that kid rode my friend's 250r and lapped about half the field. If course, my friend races nationals and his R is tricked to the max, so that is probably one of the reasons.

What I really wanted to say was, if you would go back a couple months Dirtwheels re-ran their original shootout of the LT250, Tecate 4 and 250r in which they chose the honda as winner, the suzuki 2nd and the tecate 4 third. The said that the suzuki did indeed have a little better speed than the honda, but the better handling of the honda made it a better quad. So to whoever said "why does the suzuki always win in dirtwheels tests" apparently it doesnt! When was the last time you saw a dirtwheels test with a suzuki LT250 anyway?

Old 08-11-2001, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

first off: evhwg, the reason i want a 250R over an LT is because i just like the way they look better. did i ever say that a i didn't like 250r's? no i didn't, because their my favorite quad of all time. but people who bash quadracers don't know what their talking about. the quadracer is definately stronger stock for stock compared to the 250r. well at least thats how it feels to me. i have ridden many 250r's and i've ridden 2 different lt's. and also i don't think dirtwheels/atv action is alwasy right. in fact i know their wrong a lot. but just like how you don't like people who think what they say is true, i don't like people who think everything they say is false. and the only article i can remember the 250r winning (that i've read) is one were they all races over (the ultimate course) and in that race the quadracer was ahead almost the whole race until the rider made a mistake near the end.

Quick Reply: 1986 250R VS 1986 LT250R?