Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

trailblazer VS reconVS 250ex

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which one is faster . which one is better all around.

Old 07-09-2001, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

The 250EX and Trailblazer are the same as far as speed goes. All around I think the Recon is since it has racks and you can carry stuff.

Old 07-09-2001, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

I would just throw the POS Trailblazer out the window I would not even remmcomend to think about that. Just my opinion it might be good for you. Top speed I think the 250EX would have to be the winner then the Polaris then Recon. handling I would say the EX cause it has the sporty frame and then the Recon and last would be the Polaris cause its a polaris. overall I would take the Recon cuase it has racks to go fishig or sumthin or if that is not in your plans I would go with the 250EX.

Old 11-08-2002, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default trailblazer VS reconVS 250ex

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
WHAT!! pos trailblazer, my neighbor has a 02 recon, it takes him 20 long wastefull minutes to get the thing started, dont forget those crap tires they give you. + my trailblazer eats up the recon, with my bike stock. and the 250ex, from what i hear it is trash and is the slowest 250 on the planet. At least a POLARIS can make through the dirt, i have been up to mud to the fenders without getting it stuck, bet you cant do that with a recon hahaha. And the trailblazer not supposed to have racks its pure sport DUH!!, and you can get racks for it, yeah the recon has racks for fishing and hunting but thats all its good for. I wouldnt recomend the POS! 250 recon its garbage.

Old 11-08-2002, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Lightman, that was a big mistake. The recon is way better than the trailblazer. You think the recon has bad tires look at yours. The trailblazer is a Polaris. The only Polaris's i like are the scrambler's and the sportsmans. Why would you get that over a 250ex. Remember the 250ex is a honda.

Old 11-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

Lightman, i dont think you have a clue what your talking about. "i have been up to mud to the fenders without getting it stuck, bet you cant do that with a recon hahaha." I bet you cant go up to the handle bars in water without killing it or the belt slipping(And NO i dont have a snorkle just some carb mods). I would put money down that i could make it through the same holes you can and then beat you through some, with my stock tires. Its not all about the bike, its mainly the rider. No after having said that I have nothing against polaris i think they are good bikes but they are not for everyone.
And back to the question, which one is faster i dont know exactly but i can tell you that the my recon tops out 44.9 on a GPS. And in my opinion the recon is better all around because of the racks like the others said, but see if you can test ride all three and see which one works better for you.

Old 11-08-2002, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

speedwise, the TB would smoke, add a few mods, and it will smoke the other 2 even harder. best all around....well.....the honda ppls r gonna say honda, and the polaris ppls r gonna say polaris. best bet is to test ride all 3, with no before opinions, with a fresh mind. and i gotta love that excuse "cus its a polaris" cracks me up. that comment shows on real facts or anything.
personally, i think all quads are good, and all have there weak and strong points.

Old 11-08-2002, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

There is not a Recon or 250 EX that can take the 2 stroke Trailblazer in a drag race. That being said, I would choose the Hondas for handling and overall ease of use.

Old 11-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Not dissing Polaris or anything and I'm not picking sides but I rode my cousins 250ex and I think its sweet its real light and has a good "jump" to it but anyways..I was riding a ran into a few polaris's that some other kids were riding and they had 2 older two strokes and 1 was a 325 magnum and we smoked these kids....it was on a rode and i looked back and all i could see behind me were their lights.

But it does have to do with driver and stuff so i donno
just my 2 cents.

Old 11-09-2002, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

I can say that the Recon will last a while because my friend has one of the first models 97-98. The thing gets flipped every time we go out and it gets dround out and rolled in mudholes. You cannot stop this bike with abuse it just wants more. I am sure the 250ex is a good bike but it's not as versital with the lack of racks, however it could still fit your needs. The Trailblazer is prabably not a bad bike, Polaris used to have a bad rep but they are making strides in reliability it the last four or five years, not sure because I don't know anyone who owns them but I have heard some people talk about them and have seen post on the net. Whichever bike you get will prabably be a good one nowmatter who makes it.

Quick Reply: trailblazer VS reconVS 250ex