Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What Do You Guys Do???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are doing this over in the Polaris forum and I thought it was cool. I am curous about what everyone does for a living, hobbies, age etc. I am 15 years old and work at a local restraunt as a busboy. I have been riding quads for about two years now and my other hobbies are playing the guitar and my favorite hobby is paintball. I play paintball with a local team and play tournaments here and there. What about the rest of you??

Old 08-09-2001, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Don't let anyone bother you about being a bus boy. Every adult who didn't have success handed to them found themselves with a low-paying job when growing up as well. Success only comes to those who aren't afraid of work.

Old 08-09-2001, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the words of encouragment. Acutally being a busbiy isn't so bad. It is kinda fun and I am just doin it until baseball season comes around. I am kinda bummed cause we got eliminated in the second round in the state tournment a couple of weeks ago. Well next year we are going to take state. Anyway, after high school I plan to serve a couple of years in the air force and if I like that I will go career or if not go to college and study law and become an attorney.

Old 08-09-2001, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you've got your head screwed on straight. The Air Force is a great way to go if you're not quite ready for college. You can earn money for college and learn a valuable skill at the same time. Employers are often eager to hire people who complete their tenure in the military since they know you can be taught and completed multiple assignments in a disciplined environment. The same is true for the one who completes college, the major difference being that the discipline must be from within one's self.

The military also has excellent retirement benefits. My dad spent 21 years in the Air Force, retired and then completed another 23-year career in the private sector and now has three pensions. Heck, I'll be lucky if Social Security is still around when I retire.

Old 08-09-2001, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Ok I'm 14 and I work on equpiment and service trucks for my job. My hobbies are fourwheeling (obviously) , listening to music , and sleeping. I have been riding for 8 years now.

Old 08-09-2001, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Ok I'm 14 and I do the regular farm jobs (tobacco) for my money.Right now I'm fixing a junk wrecked car. I deer hunt alot and ride every day. I've been riding sice I was 5 had my own quad sice I was 8.

Old 08-09-2001, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

RedReconRider
Sounds like a familiar story. I graduated from Moon Valley High School in 96. We were ranked #1 the entire season and had the record to back it up. We took a 12 run spanking in the top of the first inning in the first round of state off of our ace to go home early. Talk about a hard time. Just enjoy your next couple of seasons, when its over you will miss it more than anything, trust me.

Old 08-09-2001, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

What district is Moon Valley in?? We play 3A down here in Safford.

Old 08-09-2001, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'm a 26 year old Marine (just got promoted to Sergeant on the 1st, yay for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ). I keep a salt water reef aquarium, love my '88 Mustang GT, play darts (not to well), ride my quad (only a few months now), play paintball (Spider Shutter if your wondering, blue), golf (pretty bad), race r/c cars (though our track closed out here so its been a while), and about any other hobby I cant afford, LOL.

Old 08-09-2001, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

We were dropped down to 4a that year, not sure if they are still 4a though.

Quick Reply: What Do You Guys Do???