Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

3" supertrapp?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lilmanon400EX, You are right. A stock header pipe will not do anything for your motor, unless you have motor mods. The only thing about putting an aftermarket exhaust on a 4stroke ATV, is to save weight. The 300EX header is 5x as heavy as the PowRoll(maybe an exaggeration).

The TC/SuperTrapp 3" is a very loud pipe. It sounds GREAT, and people will know when you are coming. I said very loud, it sounds about like a 400EX with a WB E-Series.

Old 08-15-2001, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the replies but you didn't answere my last question....where can i get a hold of TC to ask for prices and ordering? Lonestarbanshee, the one i found at ritterscycles isn't the TC one...it is the same kind as on powroll's website...i call him and asked for a description and he said it was Black steel. But please some1 tell me where i can find TC cause i have been looking for that pipe for quite some time. Thanks

Old 08-15-2001, 01:00 PM
Range Rover

sorry but tc takes the 4in and cuts it down! its aluminum not polished steel! i used to have one on my 250X! theyre soo sweet! you can get one from TC directly at (814) 723-3514 or i know a place called the pro national factory outlet used to carry them i dont even know if that place is still around but theyre number is (810) 765-9162 hope i could be of some help! and my motor builder told me that the headpipe is the key to the power and that 250Xs have waaaay too small hadpipes!

Old 08-15-2001, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey 300EXking, how's it going?

Just wanted to let you know a couple of things, first of all I had that pipe on my 300EX for a long time(3" supertrapp w/powroll header.) It really makes a big difference.

Do yourself a favor and order a 350x airbox boot and replace yours with it. The 350x's has alot bigger diameter( got this tip from a letter sent to dirtwheels ). It takes a little screwing around to get it on, but once it was on I never had a problem with it.

Use a ported airbox lid with a outerskins on your filter, I had K&N but changed to UNI, just personal prefrence.

Put a one tooth larger than stock front sprocket on your bike, I think stock is 13. I was able to use my stock chain with only going up one tooth. And make sure you re-jet up one size on the main, and your bike will fly ( for a 300EX ). The 300 has alot of torque, so the gear change did't hurt the bottom end. was still able to do 3rd gear wheelies, with a little body english.

I loved my bike, just sold it this June after owning it for 7yrs. Never had one problem with my bike. The best part is these mods are fairly cheap, but make a big difference. Also, I ordered that pipe because there was a shoot-out on pipes for 300EX's and that one was the best over-all. I also called and talked to the guy that did the testing and he told me not to bother with a whole jet-kit, just go up one on the main.

Also, you should get the pipe for performance, not because it looks the best. And the header on the powroll is alot bigger than stock. The very end of that pipe comes off, you can buy heat paint that looks like aluminum and just paint the cone. I painted my expansion chamber on my lt500r with it and it looked good, and lasted. Just don't use cheap paint.

Anyway, these are just the things I had done to mine, and together they worked well. Maybe give you some ideas. Good luck, I know I did't answer your question about TC, sorry

JS

Old 08-15-2001, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

THanks for the tips js660r, I already have a white powerfilter and uni vents. I know it sounds dumb but looks is a big thing to me when it comes to my bike...i like to have my things shiny. the supertrapp pipe u're talkin about is the one on powrolls website?