Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

High Powered Engine In 3-Wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 01:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and my cousin wanna build a trike that is completely unbeatable. We have a few engines in mind for this machine. I was thinkin about a modded CR500 engine for this bike but i don't think thats quite fast enough. We have 2 other engines we're thinkin about. A Suzuki Hybusa engine or a Ducati 916 engine. Most people are gonna think this is outragous, but we are having a serious debate about these choices. If i put and Hybusa or Ducati engine in, that bike is gonna be strictly drag. So just tell me what u think about this? Are these engines to much? The engine is going in a 1983 ATC250R. Should I just go ***** out and throw one of the street bike engines in there? It would be bad a$$ though wouldnt it?

Old 08-21-2001, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

listen, if you really ant the fastest thing on 3 wheels and you got the money, snag an engine out of the revolt 1300 snowmobile. its 1299cc and makes well over 200 horsepower. go to www.redlinesnowmobiles.com to get the stats. hook some nitrous up to that engine and hold on!

Old 08-21-2001, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

here is an engine that will beat the Busa. I am in the process istalling a 600 f3 motor in a Banshee frame, I am almost done with it. It is just a project ive been working on to keep me busy on the weekends. good luck

Old 08-21-2001, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

Go for broke man, remember, imagination is more than knowledge! a revolt 1300 is way to much for me, a 13 y/o kid, but thats a freakin BEAST MACHINE. Youd probobly need like a 20mm carb just to be safe that it wont cat walk a football feild and keep pulling at 25467256346mph.. my uncle jimmy has a rebellion 800 and its moded to the moon! It makes almost 200 hp, I think it was around 180 though, but isnt that enough? I think, why have something you dont need? A cr500 would whoops a banshee. With 3 wheels being so damn light, you'll need a serious off road drag bar! Just take a street drag bar and put some big @$$ wheels on it. Now, we havnt talked about 2/4 stroke. If you want a rocket, put a Honda 2000cc goldwing in it lmao.. If it'll even fit! its a 4 cylender biggest engine ever built. Then Come the Nitros! Weight would be an issue. which one is lighter? Consider that, and how much $ this will cost. With a light atc a 916 will just sit and spin then flip over lol. a 350x is pretty fast, just get something like that cr500, mod it, and if you cant mod it, get a 700 or that revolt(if you have the money), if your not happy with the modded cr500 get a 1000 or something and mod it. No, I dont think you should go "***** out" rather lights out. Why not race the cr500? Ah, I see, too much CLUTCH WORK! Wait a minute, arent 350x's clutch? I'm not sure because I dont have one. I HATE atcs. I LOVE my trx300 but I wish they made a trx300 model with a 600 engine. Im just babbling on about things. To me, your just a crazy man with big dreams that cost money. If your that serious put a cr500 in it, if you believe in the "why stroke it twice when you can stroke it four times" then put the street bike in it. The gears wont be very close, so I hope your not riding in forests. that street bike will do WAY over 100mph and would kill a banshee and everything else on the waiting list.

Well, I guess this is goodbye Mr.crazymanwithbigdreamsthatcostmoney! I dont care if this has helped because I know it has. Are you trying to tell me that Iv typed my fingers out using CORRECT spelling and this hasnt't changed any minds? OH MY GOD! IM TURNING INTO A POLITITION! AND A COMMERCIAL!

moto.mad.man.mx.wrath.yo.

Old 08-22-2001, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just dont think a modded CR500 engine is going to do the job. The only reason that i would want it is because i can get a CR500 engine for about $100 from a buddy of mine. It would be fast but I want to walk away from alot of the competition and I think that doing that would require a high powered engine like a Ducati, Hybusa, like Juggalo said that revolt engine, or that ZX-12R engine that AL300EX was talking about. I think that about 200hp would do the job on this trike. A shot of NOS would really put it over the edge, it would take some pretty big ***** to press that button. I dont have a **** load of money to spend here so if anyone else can think of any other engines that are somewhat affordable let me know, by affordable i mean $2500 or so. I dont really wanna pay all the money for a Hybusa engine or Ducati. I have a motor off of a Suzuki GS550 that i was thinking about modding and bolting in there, i just dont think thats enough power. So throw out some more ideas if u have them. Thanx for the ones so far. Maybe I will just have to go with the CR500 engine modded to the max with a NOS bottle hooked up. I would rather not but we'll see. AL300EX, what are the specs on that 600 f3 engine?