Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

exuast for 250EX?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 09:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the fact that the ground clearance doesn't inhibit you once you get a good amount of experience. I remeber when I first got my 400, I wouldn't do alot of hills because I would scrape. But now, I take those trails without a second thought. Also, with the same set of tires on both, my 400ex does better in mud than my Recon does.

PS. It's nice to completly agree with Killer250r for a change, I've made quite an *** of myself before.

Old 10-28-2001, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

hey 250rampage2, how good does your recon run modded to the max, i've always wondered how one would turn out!

Old 10-29-2001, 12:58 AM
SKT
Trailblazer

As far as trail riding goes... including mud... you'd be hard pressed to beat a well ridden 250EX (on any other machine)... light weight, auto clutch, and shaft drive are the only way to go on trails... period... if your an experienced trail rider you already know this...

Old 12-25-2001, 01:58 AM
Range Rover

Well this is a very opinionated subject and you people just need to calm down. The 250ex will do a lot more than you think. The only reason I got one is because I was a beginner. But recently I have been riding with some guys that have been riding for years and years. At the beginning they said "If it were me I would of gotten a 300ex" and all of this. But after taking it on the trails and hillclimbing they were impressed with what it could do. One of the guys has a quadzilla 500 modded to the max.(Fast as F&@%!!!!!!!!!!). And the other has a scrambler 400 and my friends have honda 4by4's. I let them ride it and they were impressed. I climbed every hill that they climbed even the ones that they had trouble with and were spinning and what not. The light weight helps as long as you have momentum. Its okay as long as you can keep the damn light front end down. It does wheelies very easily. You almost have to kiss the front bumper when climbing. Thats the only thing I dont like about it. Any ways yes the 400ex is better but not everybody can afford one. Plus I think all beginners should get reverse. When mine is paid off I will probably get a 300 or 400. But for now im gonna mod my 250ex. E-series slip on is out and I'm gonna get all the K&N stuff you can get. But please dont bash somebody's quad just because yours is better.

Old 12-28-2001, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone did "calm cown" about 2 months ago LOL.

BTW SKT you have no clue what your talking about, I am an experienced trail rider and I know that I and everyone I know under 45 can go faster on the trail with a manual clutch. ALso here just a few of the many quads that would beat a 250EX on the trail: Mojave, 300EX, blaster, Banshee, 250R, raptor, warrior, polaris scrambler 400&500, ECT ECT ECT.

Old 12-28-2001, 08:22 PM
SKT
Trailblazer

KILLER250R... I have to laugh at guys like you... you probably have not even ridden a 250EX...

Old 12-28-2001, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Actually i have and i owned a Recon for 2-3 years so i think i know what i am talkign about.

Old 12-28-2001, 10:41 PM
SKT
Trailblazer

The Recon ride is completely different... the 250EX is almost 50lbs. lighter and has more power... I'm not saying the 250EX is faster than the quads you listed... I'm saying that it's a better trail machine... my definition of trails is mostly 2nd - 3rd gear stuff w/ the occassional 4th gear section... on high speed/open trails... the 250EX will not be fast enough... however... anything that is run in 4th - 5th gear is probably not a trail but more like a fire road... if you're gonna ride fire roads... get a dirt bike... they will smoke most quads on fire roads...

BTW... there is not much difference in performance between a 300EX and a 250EX... on the dyno's I've seen... roughly 1.5 hp difference in favor of the 300 but the 250EX is lighter... also... having ridden both... the 250EX chassis handles better in the trails...

Old 12-29-2001, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Thats why all the pro's ride 250EX's GNCC right? 250EX doesn't even compare to a 300EX, the 250EX is just geared high thats why the tops speeds are close. Also I don't give a flying ^#$& what the dyno says it's what happens on the trail that proves it all. 250EX's are tippy and they are just a modded out utility, good for beginners and people that dont want to use a clutch or aren't anygood with a clutch in tight situations.

Old 12-29-2001, 02:17 AM
Range Rover

hey, I do have do agree a 300ex is better. and your right about the gearing and the top speed thing. The 300 dont top out that high but it gets there a hell of a lot faster. my friend has one and its very fast. its modded pretty good too. But it dont handle anything like the recon, and the frame is totally different no matter what anybody says.(I know because I have ridden my friends little brother's recon). just because they put the same engine block in it dont mean anything. not being a jerk or anything, but please dont talk down about one unless you have ridden one one the trails and climbed and jumped and all that stuff. I know it dont compare to a 250R or anything but its the best beginner quad you can get. I think. And by the way Im not to sure about the mojave being a better trail machine. I ridden one of those and I dont like 'em. The ex is so much better. My honda dealer is also a Kawasaki...(how ever you spell it) dealer too. And they agreed with me that the ex is a much better machine all the way around than the mojave.

Quick Reply: exuast for 250EX?