Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone used the camo tape or camo skins to cover thier plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 08:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello fellow ATV'rs,
I've got an 300 4x4 that I would to give the camo look. Dennis Kirk catalog has two options that I see. One is the camo tape the other is the fabric skins that cover the plastic. Has anyone tried either one of these with success? Is the tape removeable if without destroying the stickers that will be under it? How well does the fabric stay on (ex. will it fall off being trailered down the interstate)?

Thanks guys.

P.S. Has anyone tried to put the 25" AT589MT tires on a 300 4x4 with success?

Old 11-01-2001, 03:11 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both the tape and the skins are good products, but you must keep you quad out of day to day sunlight or neither will last past 6 months or so because it will rot. The tape actually looks the best but is a pain to put on and look right. You must align each piece with the other so that the camo pattern looks like one piece. What we do in the shop when a customer wants it on theirs, we actually trim the camo around the decals so that they are still exposed. Like I said ,done right, this looks the best. The camo skins are easy to put on but doesn't fit well around the edges like they show in the catalogs. Because we trim around the decals,I'm not sure about the tape sticking to the decals. I know that when you take it off, it's kinda like peeling a sunburn.[hard work]. I haven't heard of any problems with the tape or the skins as far as trailering goes. I know they pass me by everyday as well. Hope this helps.