Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cops and atv's dont mix

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was the longest, boringest, most interesting post(s) iv ever read! same same, some cops are good some are bad. I live in the country, I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a cop in ANY of my town. My town isnt big. MOST of the roads are dirt roads. On my road, which is very long, is a dirt road, every farmer has a quad, or a 3wheeler, and the ones who arent farmers have dirtbikes, and some(everybody except for one) has a snowmobile! Iv never seen a cop in this area(niagra falls ontario canada, around wellend, around caistor centre, i live around atv_man) and the only reason I ever did a few times, since last summer, me and my friends were getting gas from a gas station, we crossed a 2 lane highway so f**king what. we got gas for the exception of my friend on his banshee. A cop was coming and slowing down so we made a run for it. My house was a few miles away, i was riding with my warrior, a banshee a 400ex and a 250R. The cop didnt even come close to us but when we looked back going on a single paved road pinning it we couldnt see him so we took it easy going onto the next road. When we got to the next road we saw the same cop pull right infront of us and we were trapped, we had two ways one road and the highway, we of course took the one road. We outran the cop effortlesly but we were basically heading into more trouble because the road we took takes atleast 10 miles to get to my house, while the other way takes 1! We don't have any trails because we dont exactly make trails 10 miles out of our way. We were well on our way(still on the road)when my friends banshee conks out, we stop and found he was out of gas, his reserve didnt last very long, only to the next 4 way(no light 4 way this is hick town!)we had to dump his banshee (i cant forget how mad he was he had to ditch his beloved banshee in a forest, we put sticks and twigs over it to camoflauge it so it wouldnt get stolen)my friend got on with my friend on his 250R and we were gone in a flash the cop was still behind us but like a mile away. i could not belive that there was forest all around but no trails in them! So the next week we all decided to make trail wherever we can, even if theyre ten miles out. We ride our bikes to school, and at the end of school we dont go home we go to the forest with shovels and try to clear as many trees to make a half decent trail.

" evhwg thanks for the thanks.

Yes i do let off duty officers get away with more is it right myabe maybe not but its part of the brotherhood. He may be backing me up one day or taking a bullet for me.

But what i said before step out with an attutide and alot goes out the window cop or not!! "

How do you know I or anybody else would take a bullet for you? Your friend atvers arent your body armor, neither are we. not trying to start anything.

And I was stopped by a cop again, I was sleeping at night and I woke up, I got on my computer, peeked outside the window and relized my friends barn was on fire, a couple fire trucks fly down the road and my parents werent home so i drove my warrior to his house to watch. The cops didnt even hastle me, they asked for my help to see if they could use my quad to find a well or a pond to get water! I was completely on the road, 3rd gear, I stayed there till morning, and when I drove home the cop that came over to his house to make sure it was under control stopped me when I was just about to turn into a trail(crossing the road isnt illegal)he told me to be careful on "that--thing" because I could get "seriously--injured" dont go too fast ect ect... so many lectures I crossed the road and went home.

My neighbours have family problems and since last summer most cops have been going down my dirt road to get to their house. I'm often afraid of cops, I get the chills and my thumb has no control over itself.. bye bye mr.cop

I was called the cops on ONCE because this kid said I tried to run him over. Which I so did not but I should of. I actually passed him going fast. He was in his driveway, and he comes out in the middle of the road and sticks his arms out i squeeze the brakes almost hitting him. He went inside and told his dad that I tried to hit him. The cops got the full story and believe the 15 y/o not the 9 year old ***.

BAD COP!

OKAY OKAY IF YOU WANT IT THAT BAD....

NO DOUGHNUT!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. any tips?

Old 01-06-2002, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

you have issues.

Old 01-06-2002, 04:45 PM
Range Rover

Ive been riding for about 3 years and havent had an incounter with a cop yet. But i dont go looking for trouble (driving on the roads) either. There are time im glad there are not cops around but there are also times i wish there were cops around. I live about 45 mins away from some sand dunes. ON holidays these dunes get packed. Its not so much all the poeple that bother me its when people start to drink and ride. Its scary because there are little kids just putting around and these intoxicated "adults" speeding around them. I was wondering if there is any rule against riding an atv while intoxicated. and if there is i wanna fight to get some officers out there (at least on holidays) to make sure people arent drinking and riding.

Old 01-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Oh my god, you guys should see the retarded cops up here in Lincoln, Maine.....last winter about 5 friends and I were riding our quads out on the lake around midnight, and were jumping snowbanks from the beach parking lot....well, people complained of the noise, so down come 3 new cops, 2 in 1 car, 1 in the other.....they told us to quiet down (we all had pipes) or leave, so we said ok.....10 min later they were back and told us to leave cuz of the noise....so we drove 10 feet from the parking lot onto the lake and did donuts, hooped and hollered, and all that noisy stuff while the cops tried to figure out what they could do-we were registered and not on a marked sled trail, so a game warden couldn't do nothin either.....and cops have no jurisdiction on the water, so they sat there and watched till around 2 am while people complained and nothin happened, 'cept me and my friends had a grand ole time making asses outa the new ploice.........now, I had 2 good friends that were cops here, but the police chief was a dick so all the good ones quit. Now we have cocky, arrogant punks that get absolutely now respect. Even the state troopers in the area think the LPD is a joke.........Latah

Oh yeah, game wardens have been known to use planes to track down evading sleds and quads.......

Old 01-06-2002, 10:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i've been riding the State Reservation since i was 12 yrs old.
great views-great place to bring the 'chick' and make-out!
illegal riding...but i 'tip-toe' around- never burning out and digging ruts. the gates locked, i drove around it.
the few times i saw the law- i would STOP, TURN AROUND, GO TO THEM, AND SAY 'SORRY, I KNOW I DON'T BELONG HERE.' i would introduced myself and say where i lived- with out them even getting one word out of their mouth.
you know what?
every single time they would say:"have a nice ride" i replied with a sincere 'thank-you.' we would then go on with our ride.

my 2 cents is to treat-em with RESPECT!

sincerely,
MTPOCKETS

P.S. no, i am not a cop nor is anyone in my family or relatives.

Old 01-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

RelicRacer, I don't know about any other states, but Maine has a very tough OUI law for all motorized vehicles. If you need some sort of example to present your case, Maine's OUI law is a good one to use, because it works. It's the same law as exists for cars, in that, an adult with a blood-alcohol content at or above .08%, or with a blood-alcohol content high enough that the personally is physically intoxicated (so those lightweights can be drunk, have a BAC below .08%, and still be violating the law) may not operate or attempt to operate a car, ATV, dirtbike, or snowmobile. Also, "a person is guilty of failure to comply with the duty to submit to and complete a blood-alcohol or drug concentration test... if that person refuses to submit to or fails either test when requested to do so by a law enforcement officer who has probable cause to believe that the person operated or attempted to operate an ATV while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs."
The penalties are generally in the 500$ range, I believe, plus the person is usually charged with operating to endanger, and reckless operation of an ATV. So the fines are rather harsh.

fasternu, we used to see warden planes flying all over the place in the winter here, but we don't ice fish as much as we used to (for many reasons, though one was the nasty encounted that I talked about a while back), so we don't see them as often. Still a little weird to think that they'll chase you down using planes, even if you're not doing anything wrong...

Old 01-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Some of my friends tried to outrun a game warden between Millinocket and Lincoln, and when they come around a corner well away from the game warden they were hiding from, they happened to meet up with one waiting for them......the 1st one radioed(?) in and they sent the plane out to find them, and sure enough, they did......they got fines for unregistered ATVs, eluding law enforcement, illegal silencers, no helmets for those under 18.....etc....and they run for no reason...glad I was out touring the country in my Freightliner or I probably would've been right w/ them.....

Also, the OUI penalties that apply to vehicles apply to boats, too, way up heah in Maine...........Latah....