Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cops and atv's dont mix

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ll give all of yall a good tip...run!I know its not the right thing to do but the cops are cracking down on atvist riding beside the highway.I have heard many stories of people gettin there atv impounded for ridin on the road.All u have to do is duck out in the woods and wait awhile(being late for supper and nnot riding for a week looks real good when you're walkin home and your parents are wanderin where is your atv.Even if you see the smae cop and u are being legal(25ft away from the road) and he stops and talks to you just say it was someone else.

Old 12-25-2001, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

i see your from moorseville..im just outside of apex(in new hill) they dont give us any trouble. the dept. sherif lives on our road and he ride up and down all the time.

Old 12-25-2001, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Just to let you know yeah you can run and the chances are we wont catch you but if i have one run on me and i do catch him it will be a lot worse.

Try to find you a legall spot to ride and it wont be a prob. Atv riders have a bad enough rep. as it is.

Old 12-25-2001, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

As long as you know the trails that you're riding the cops won't ever catch you, unless something fails. I've only been chased once by the cops and they didn't even stand a chance of catching me or my friends I was riding with.

Old 12-25-2001, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

I live in CT, and there are no legal places to ride!

Old 12-26-2001, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Cops around here sure do suck. I remember when i was in the sixth or seventh grade and i had a gokart and there were a few incidents where like i would start it up at 8:30 at night and ten minutes later a cruiser would come by and tell me i had to put it away or they would give me a ticket for this and that (wasnt even riding it, just started it up in the garage) and other incidents where like it had rained and i didnt want to tear up the yard so i went down the road and back, and ten minutes later a cruiser would come by. ill bet the cops have been by to talk to me 15 or more times withing the last three years. Cops in general dont bother me, Hipocritical cops bother me. I have two cops that live in my neighborhood, one I have never dealt with (he has a sportsman) the other is the one who stops by all the time. The thing is is he is the one who is always telling me to put it away, it makes too much noise. But about once a month he will have all his musclecar buddies over and they will have burnout contests all down my road at 1 2 even 3 in the morning. Those are the cops that bother me.

And you know, everyone says, dont run, it will make it worse for those who do stop. Well, i wont be stopping to catch the worst of what other people leave me, Ive ran before, infact, one of the ball joints broke (a-arms) when i was running and i still beat a cop through a tilled bean field, parked it in someones garage, (didnt know the person) and hopped on my buddies banshee and left for a while.

Some cops are good ones, most of the ones (around here anyways) arent that great.

Old 12-26-2001, 08:27 AM
Trailblazer

The DEP cops showed up while we were riding in the woods, I didn't take off because it was private property and I didn't think I was doing anything wrong, well it turns out in CT it is illegal to ride on someone else's property unless you are registered, I am registered in Mass but that doesn't count. Just one more reason I will register and ride my quad in Mass, why should I pay taxes every year and get nothing in return. I still ride there and next time I will take off !!!!!

Old 12-26-2001, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

Well I just moved to North Crolina about 3months ago.I used to live in Macon Ga,and the cops were worse there.I lived in this neighboer hood and the only way to get to the riding spot was to ride(slowly)through the neighborhood and there was always this one guy at the end that would call the cops.Most of the time though the cops werent the ones chasing us it was PEOPLE TRYING TO BE HEROES comming right on our @$$ in there Z-71.There was a road block once and the cops didnt care if we ride,but there are those cops that have had a ig stick up there but and they act like atvers put it up there.

Old 12-26-2001, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

<< Just to let you know yeah you can run and the chances are we wont catch you but if i have one run on me and i do catch him it will be a lot worse.

Try to find you a legall spot to ride and it wont be a prob. Atv riders have a bad enough rep. as it is.
>>

My dad is a lawyer and he said once the cop loses sight of you he can't do anything. Is this true? One time I had a cop flash his lights at me and I just pulled into the woods and drove away.

Old 12-26-2001, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

Diff. states diff. laws but i wouldnt count on the once they loose sight of you thing. I know if you run and lets say i turn down a side rode and see you again and i am sure it was you i could write you a ticket.

No dont get all upset never wrote a fellow atver a ticket acutally saved a couple of theme tickets but the worst thing you can do when dealing with a cop is to be rude and lie. Rember we are people to. I acutally have made riding buddies from meeting people that way.

If I ever did write a ticket to somebody you have to rember we have to seperate our personal life from work. If your neighboor is complaing then we have to do what we got to do. Sometimes that might be a ticket.

Quick Reply: Cops and atv's dont mix