Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250 ex mud flaps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a company that makes fender flares or mud guards for these? I am thinking about purchasing one for my wife but think the front tires when going through water will slash up on her... ??? Am I correct in this thinking?

Old 02-12-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

my wife has a 250ex and the way she rides it no matter what you put on it it will throw water and mud. i haven't seen anything like what u are asking for but you should be able to frabricate something easily enough. but hey whats atving without the mess?

Old 02-12-2002, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well it is fun and all except its cold in Maine. Atving and cold water dont make for much fun.. well all the time anyway. She has a kodiak now very good mud protection, but wants something sportier. I noticed the Lakota 300 sport has splash guards. Just looking for the best of both worlds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

When your wife rides, and rides threw a puddle at moderate speeds do the front tires soak her?

Old 02-14-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

not all that bad. her legs take the most of it. i'll be soaked from head to toe and all she has to do is change her pants and boots, which she wears clothes just for riding in anyway. we dont go blazing thru the water either, seen too many friends get hurt that way. never know how deep it is or if there is a hole hidden. but you could still make some nice mud flaps, she has nerf bars on hers, all it would take for me is to find the material, cut it to fit and attach it. even without the nerfs all you would have to do is attach a small rod or something just to make the flap rigged. my brothers wife has the lakota sport, it does have some nice mud flaps on it, but the thing just looks funny. i just dont like the way it feels or looks. but she likes it so thats all that matters. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2002, 08:43 AM
BK
Pro Rider

I made some for the front of my 250EX. I took a set of cheap rubber
floor mats and used the small ones for the back seat. I drilled 3, 1/4 inch holes in the fender. I had to cut a notch in the top inside corner of the mat to get around the fender brace. I used round head bolts with regular washers on the outside against the plastic and fender washers on the side against the rubber mat and fastened them with lock nuts. They do a great job of keeping my feet and shins dry and they don't look bad at all. They don't compare to a utility machine of course, and you still get muddy from the back, but it makes a significant difference on the 250. Your wife should love the 250EX after riding the Kodiak. The controls are very similar (except reverse operation) and it will feel really light and quick. I made a couple of minor alterations to mine (see signature) and I really love it.

Old 02-14-2002, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info,

BK:
How does the 250 ex ride in the rough stuff? Will it compare in comfort to the kodiak? Looks like it will be allot more fun. Any idea what the top speed is? Does it wheelie?

Fendercover
yeah the lakota is just Ugly...

Old 02-15-2002, 02:33 PM
BK
Pro Rider

The 250EX will wheelie very easily. The ride is stiff, but I softened mine up where it probably compares to the Kodiak. Top speed is a little over 50. It will shock you with how well it climbs and handles. With the Gators on it I can go thru mud about as well as my brother's Wolverine. Any other questions, feel free to ask.