Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

To people who want a 450f quad, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might be the 450 engine but they would have to down size it to compete under the 441cc limit. I feel that why would they bother with the 450 if they have do so much work on it just to be competitive rather than the 650 is proven and right now a lot of riders want the big bore! Just my opinion.

Old 03-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Good old capitalism at its best. Good competition is all this industry needed to get it going again. Wont be long and we will have racing teams and maybe even some T.V. coverage. I am willing to bet 5 yankee dollars that in one year from this time we will have these quads to choose from.

Cannondales (pick any)
Honda 400EX, 650EX
Yamaha banshee, 660R
Suzuki Z400
Bombardier DS650
Kawasaki 650 Twin
Polaris ?

That is no less than 9 or 12 depending on if you include all the cannondales. 9 performance QUADS, how many did we have two years ago, 4, maybe. So all this competition and galbantering is GREAT! Pick you steed and ride, and do it responsibly and every now and them go give a tree hugger a hug, so they dont take away our riding places, wear your helmets and be advocates of what is right, so we can enjoy this into the future!

Graham

Old 03-05-2002, 11:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know how much he paid for it, He works at a honda delership so im sure he got a huge discount.

Old 03-05-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

the reason they dont want to go over 450 is because i think when you do you can no longer race the 250 class ((which is the biggest)).
someone correct me if im wrong

Old 03-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

441cc is the limit.

Old 03-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Up until a few years ago pros were still kicking *** on stock frames. I also watched Doug Gust at a local race kick but with a OEM cylinder.
250R's still kick butt!
ERIC

Old 03-05-2002, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Come over my house, I got over 700 hours on my 400ex, try to tighten those bolts, aint happenin son,

I also invite you to come over to my house. You may tighten all the nuts and bolts that have rattled loose on my 250R free of charge.

edit- Oops, I didn't know there were already 2 pages of posts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I will fall back on my original post. The only people on this forum that are backing Cannondale are those who have raced one, or ridden one. Does that not tell you "haters" something? I love that word. HATER![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Doh, sorry bout that, my mouse scroll button kinda went freaky on me.

But anyways, back to the subject at hand. garyc660r, and everyone else is right. You Honda boys are dreaming. The Raptor, DS650, Z400, and all other sport(I do say sport, there are only 2 high performance) quads are made to compete with the 400EX. So, would I be safe to say that the 400EX has set the standard? If so, Honda has absoulutely no reason to upgrade it. The only OTHER quads out there(which I didnt mention) are the only ones that they have to worry about. Suzuki guys, I'll back the Z400 too. That thing is sweet!

Cannondale has up-ped the standard for sport quads. None of you in your right minds can argue with that. So, until you ride one, keep the bashing to yourself.

Old 03-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Retro, a couple years ago there weren't the number of 250R frame/suspension builders that currently exist. Now it's take your pick: Walsh, Lonestar, Laeger, Burgard, Brad Hermann, PRP, Arens, etc. That's what's kicking butt now, now stock frames, stock suspension parts, stock cylinders, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the R, I own one, just stating the facts!

Old 03-05-2002, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

lonestar i dont have a c-dale, but i back them up, why not i say. anything to help this awsome sport grow!

Old 03-05-2002, 03:42 PM
Range Rover

<< You guys are forgetting a few things. The reason people are waiting for a honda and not buying Cannondale has to do with the name HONDA. It stands for reliability, quality and great craftmanship. They have been in the buisness since the early 80's. Cannondales are probably good quads, but people want to know when they spend that much money that it was well worth it. Cannondale will have to prove itself and stand the test of time. Honda has already done that! Whether or not you like Honda or not you cannot deny this. >>

What planet are you on? Ha! Have you ever rode or worked on a late model honda?

Quick Reply: To people who want a 450f quad, please read.