Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

This may start some sort of war.....I can only hope....j/k

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002 | 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

WTH does your pics have to do with why i need IRS??????? i tend not to back up to a 12" rock with one tire and back up it. Those pics have nothing to do with actual riding.

The only thing IRS is good for is ground clearance (which i have plenty of for my rinding), and spending your day greasing zerks (if you can find them all), adding unneeded weight, and making the quad so unstable in a hard courner that it should be banned (maybe i'm exaggerating a bit on that one). I have riding IRS quads before and i personally do not like them.

And by the way..... what else does IRS stand for....think real hard.....

Old 05-02-2002 | 09:25 AM
|
Pro Rider

For your riding needs I'm sure you know whats best, but for slow moving utility quads IRS is wicked. Imagine going through a mud hole and one tire hits the edge of a log, you with the solid axle will be at an angle with one tire off the ground. With IRS every tire stays on the ground and the angle is almost non existent. I'm not trying the convert you over or anthing. With the type of quading people do IRS may best be suited to them. I personaly love IRS, as you can see, and I just want to show you Honda guys whats instore for you on the Rincon. I kinda doubt the Rincon will have that much articulation because of sway bars but who knows, it might.

With IRS don't have to greese anything, the weight is already there so adding 10 or 15 lbs to the machine means nothing.

Old 05-02-2002 | 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

<< ...what else does IRS stand for....think real hard..... >>

Yeah, that is what I meant in the taking your money thing. We actually have 2 sportsman 500's, and they are amazing. They dont roll that bad in corners(I am guessing you drove an artic cat)and the ride is amazing. If they had the snap of my 400ex, I would ride the sportsmen alot more.