Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

mx racers shock choice

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I like my Elka's just fine. Tripple rate w/res up front, long travel for the houser long travel arms, and the dual rate in the rear. both with SSD. I ride all kinds of terrain and they are just great! I have them valved pretty stiff, but they are very responsive to the comp and reb adjusters. I can just back off a few cliks for trail riding and then easily go back to the stiffer setting for moto or jumping.
Based on my limited racing on bikes years ago, I think that lome people tend to spend money to improve their riding ability. As if spending a ton of cash on their suspension will buy them riding skills.
buy the best shocks you can afford, and take the time to tune them in. The tripple rate springs alone have so much adjustability you moto one day and change where they cross over and you can trail ride the next. If you pony up for adj comp and reb, you can tune even more. Don't hurry out to hand over your cash just because that is what the pro rider use. Works makes a pretty good product for the price you pay. I got my Elka's at a very nice price due to a package deal. Quad Shop dot com.