Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Stop all the fussing!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 02:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i being a amputee bouth feet below the knees it can be done and not hard at all. had to lift the shifter so i could get my foot under it. as for the break all i did was weld the tip off a foot peg on it works like a charm . the only thing holding him back is him i see it alot i go and talk to people all the time that lose feet . just so you know i race a 310r in the C class and a 400EX in the C class too . its a shame that it happin but help him get back on the quad it gave him joy befor it will again . he just needs a good push to get back on it.i sent you a pm i will be more than happy to help him out let me know.

Old 05-28-2002, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Good Job redrider....
Hey man, I am not handycap in anyway, but if I was and or when I do get put into a old peoples home bound to a wheel chair, I will not just let life go by while I stair out the window. I WILL likely be the one that puts a turbo charger on my wheel chair or if I was handycap, I would damn well make sure I was still riding, skydiving, scuba diving, and or riding sport bikes. You tell your friend that I don't feel sorry about his condition, but rather I feel sorry about his attitude. I will be caught dead before I ever give up my hobbies and the things I love. Regardless of your condition in life there is always things to be done in this world and always ways to get them done! Just do your job and motivate your friend. He may be handicap but hes not dead.

Old 05-28-2002, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer

I just got back from Rumble on the ridge (South East Ohio) this memorial day weekend and my friends and I (Honda 400ex 300ex and me on the underestimated Blaster) tore the $h!t out of the rest of the people in the trails there were only a few that actually kept up with us. And when we hit straight aways I passed the 300's other blasters, Warriors and the 400 blasted past Raptors and all others. On a drag track my friends and I might lose to other riders but in the trails and fields is where the real riders shine. People were amazed by how we tore past them on a Blaster and 300ex. Riding for 13 years can make up for added HP other quads may have. I'm a Yamaha guy but the 400ex is a bad *** quad. And there is alot of after market parts for it too. Just be glad you have one. I love the suspension on the 400 and the power is sweet. Just be glad you have one.

And for the people out there that look down on my Blaster and call BS on my little story. You're wrong when we hit the trails and I open my 2 stroke up I have no problem keeping up with the 400. And in a straight drag race I beat the 300 5 out of 6 times. The 300 had the pro circuit pipe and a k&n filter on and it was jeted.

Later
Mike

Old 05-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

ok...ill tell you guys a story....

i have a friend named nick pappas he was an inspiring moto/super cross racer and he was out riding at a place called club moto, and he was going up to a triple and some guy was going the WRONG WAY on the track and landed on my friend . Broke his back. paralized from the waist down, and in a wheel chair at 20 years old.he is now 26 and having the time of his life. About 3 years ago he got tired of doing nothing all day , so he convinced 3 of his friends to go out and get quads and he got a banshee for himself. He duct-tapes his feet to the pegs and has a piece of pvc pipe and made it into a shifter lever that he can hold onto and shift when he needs to. He still has all his sponsors from before so he gets all the riding gear that he would ever need.

other than he banshee he has a $7,600 go kart powered by a 2001 honda cr 125 that tops out at 130 mph.

he is also a custom painter , and paints helmets for the metal mulisha, and also paints harley tanks and fenders. you can see some of his work at chump designs

he also has a ford excursoin w/ a 6 inch lift. how does he get into it?...he had handles mounted in/on to the seat so he can pull himself in, if you had ever seen him do this you will be amased.

just because you are handicapped doesnt mean you cant do anything in life.

pismoguy

Old 05-28-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

If it were me, I would get some ski bindings and mount them on the footpegs then put the ski boots on some prostetic legs. Then hook up a linkage from the left side of the tank down to the shifter then swap the clutch and front brake and put the thumb throttle on the left (saw em some where for lefties). The quad would have to have reverse though, 400ex aint cuttin it there..

Old 05-29-2002, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Well there is a guy that I always talk to at Badlands MX who only has his right arm. He races the amature class but he says he'll try the pro class pretty soon... maybe even this season. He is fast and regularly ends up w/ top 3 finishes. His ride... a banshee. He had the clutch moved over to his throttle side and got rid of the front brakes (which is a nice way to shed a lot of weight) and he can ride just as fast and in most cases, faster than people that have both of their arms. Yeah, it's sad to hear about handycaps but the really sad thing is hearing about people giving up, especially when the only thing holding a person back is himself (or herself).

Old 05-29-2002, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

There is no way I could race with only one arm. I'd go nuts. That guy is really determined and talented. BTW whats his name?