Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250R vs BANSHEE

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002 | 05:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, iF this guy who is wanting the machines would answer the question. WHAT IS IT GOING TO BE USED FOR, that would help! I am not trying to basht eh 250 r at all, truth be told, I may be able beat a 250 r around the track once in awhile, but usually not. The reason I say the 400Ex is a 4 stroke version of the 250 R is because it is similar in what it does well which is track/ trail and a good all around dune machine. If this guy who asked the question is riding track/ trail, I say get a 250 R, (even though his 400ex probably does pretty well on the same area) If hes ridng the dunes, get a banshee. He prolly just wanted to start a fight! Later guys, no harm, no foul;!

RoostKing...

Old 06-20-2002 | 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

TO the original poster. The Banshee and 250R are both very good quads, it really does depend on your riding style.
For MX, 250R all the way and Banshee with some controll mods for it.

As far as trails, open fireroads, wide fields both quads are great for this. I have had no problem screaming through tight trails on my shee, with just a pipe/sil you get some bottom end gains, and the Banshee is not all that bad on the bottom end, just have to know how to play with the clutch a bit.

If all you are interested in is dragging, go for the shee, its a powerhouse with a mean powerband. A few mods like pipes/filter/reeds/ram valve and coolhead and you will be running like a madman.

About late October 01 I ran up against a 440ex. All I have on my shee is SST pipes/sils, rejetted, tires/rims and he beat the snot outa me. Later on that day my buddy showed up with his 19cc coolhead banshee running race gas and stomped the crap out him. So it doesnt take much to up the HP on a shee, few mods gets you some bang for your buck.

Just my .01 cent worth [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2002 | 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Ahh... The thread that won't die (I know, I'm not helping that).

Duneaddict, you pretty much nailed it. They both have their good points.

Dill, nobody is bashing the 250R. Just becasue somebody doesn't believe the 250R is the best quad there was, is and ever will be doesn't mean that they are bashing it. Gees!!!

Lancer202 you started this thread. To answer your questions plain and simple. Neither is better. Nobody knows how much HP each has - the Basnhee has more and has more potential to make more HP becasue of the larger displacement. No, a 250R will not beat a Banshee in a drag race if they are equally equipped. Neither will win a MX race because quads don't race; people do. The better RIDER will win. There, your questions have been answered.

I have 2 simple questions:

How many people race MX or GNCC races at organized events on a regular basis and what do you ride in those events?

How many people consistently ride with different types of machines - banshees, DS650s, 250Rs, Raptors, 400exs, Zillas, etc?

I'll answer first; I never race - too old and fat. I ride with everythign under the sun everytime I go riding so I know firsthand how these machines perform.

Old 06-22-2002 | 12:38 PM
Range Rover

i did not know what to get so now i got both
PRANG your 400 will not keep up with a piped banshee i smoked 400 even befort i got ported.
i dont mind my banshee on the track but i love my r on the track but its not really a 250 r any more just a frame my stock 250r was no better than my banshee on the track if you have a banshee and now how the handaling is and how the power comes on you will be just fine on the track. racing is more about the person than the bike.