Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250R vs BANSHEE

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 01:31 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO I FOUND OUT WHAT A BANSHEE HAS FOR HP (THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO WYO DUNER). BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW 250R'S LIKE WYODUNER KNOWS BANSHEE'S??

Old 06-13-2002, 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

Prang I have never seen a LT beat a ALK><582!!!!!!!!!!!!!In a drag! But I only go to Glamis,,,,,,,,PS ya they are hard to drive when they go so fast

Old 06-13-2002, 03:00 AM
Trailblazer

The 35 flywheel is from the documents that come with the Z.
and the 33 rwhp is from trinity and GT thunder...pretty reliable I think.

Heres some proof to back me up instead of just babbling that you put up.

http://www.teamracersedge.com/dc-banshee.htm

ok 36.5...ill be generous and put on 37. Multiply by .2, you get 7.4
7.4 plus 36.5, equals 44.4 horsepower. Oh gee...can we be a total of 4 horsepower off here...I think so.

I am comparing the two machines to get horsepower numbers!!!! The raptor is 36 rear wheel and is faster than a shee. So...it makes around 45 horsepower flywheel. Therefor the Shee can not make 48 or it would be the faster of the two. If you can not see this their is no use trying to educate you...understand?

And your drivetrain loss of twenty percent is too steep also, so you would be off even more, but maybe you could be right. Show me some proof...as I have done for you.

Old 06-13-2002, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Such an intense discusion. Just because one engine puts out more HP dose it really mean it is faster? I dont think so... What about gearing and all the other junk? Sounds like a lost cause to really figure this junk out.

Old 06-13-2002, 03:37 AM
Pro Rider

lancer202,
If you want to really learn about the 250R, check out this site;
http://pub20.ezboard.com/bhondatrx250r

zman,
You aren't flaming me? Hmmm. Sure seems like it, but, I'm not in a retaliatory mood now. If you read what I posted, I only relayed what the manufacturers said; I could care less about hp ratings, be they from Trinity or anyone else. No two dynos measure the exact same any more than any two compression gauges measure exactly the same. Do I believe the numbers from the manufacturers? I don't know, don't care, never have.

The originator posted about Banshees and Rs. Nothing said in the question about Raptors, Zukis, or anything else.

So, why don't we just stick to the subject and refrain from the sophomoric garbage?

Old 06-13-2002, 03:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Lancer,
I presume you want a 2 stroke quad that will do something different than you current 4 stroke quad. If this is the case, than you want a banshee. YOu already own a 400 ex, which is very close in handling and power to a 250 R. Why get a 2 stroke version of the 400ex? Im sort of in the same boat, but I know what I want. I already own a killer dune/fast trail machine(banshee), now Im thinking about buying a 4 stroke for the desert trails and track. It will more than likely be a Z400 or 400ex. See my point? Since you own a proven four stroke, why not buy a proven 2 stroke, that is still being produced!! For the price of a 10 owner 250r, you could buy a piped banshee that rides like new and still whoop **** in the flats (on most 250R's) good luck!

RoostKing...

Old 06-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Fez
Range Rover

dude a banshee could run up there in hp. stock im gonna say about 40. my blaster is about 30 now. 2 strokes take mods a lot better and you can get the hp up there with 2 strokes

Old 06-14-2002, 04:34 AM
Pro Rider

i noticed some ripping on me here ok i just type what i need go to the honda site it says 38 for the 250r and o yes my banshees title said 41hp i don't know if the year of that one guys banshee had alittle power or whatever it could be...don't know don't care the issue was at hand and i wrote what i read so there lol i think the 250r felt 1000x more playful than the banshee because of its somewhat shorter wheel base,also the r is way lighter and has a better fit and feel for us somewhat shorter people im 5"7 and it fits me like the r was built around me...not ripping on the banshee or anything it has its place thats for sure but its not in the woods

Old 06-14-2002, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ohio25rlover, no ripping on you here. I guess you mean me because I thought my title said 45 HP. Unfortunately here in WY they take the original Yamaha title and give you a Wyoming title that is completely different or I would double check the number. My memory could very well be wrong on this since it has been 3 years since I have seen the title.

Anyway, please don't take it like I or anyone else was ripping on you; that's not the case. You made an intelligent and mature post.

I have seen published RWHP numbers for stock Banshees between about 35 HP or so up to 41 HP... Who knows what the real numbers are???

You're right - the 250R has it's place and the Banshee has it's place.

Old 06-14-2002, 03:07 PM
RJ
Weekend Warrior

Gonna sell my 1987 ATC 250R soon, and its not stock and by no means will it beat a banshee. A very close race but just wont beat a banshee. You have to do alot of engine mods to get the HP up on two strokes. I just sent my R's engine in the shop to get a 350 kit put on.

Quick Reply: 250R vs BANSHEE