Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

honda 750 ex is comming,

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last1left (braincells???) again, you are misquoting me. I rebutted your claim that the 400ex is EASILY THE BEST on the trails. It is not. Sure, it's actually a GREAT trail machine but sorry, it's not the BEST anymore.

My whole point was that it's time for Honda to step up and get with the program - there are a new breed of high performance quads out there and Honda is going to miss the boat if they can't compete.

Oh, you never answered my questions:

What do you ride?

How many different quads have you owned?

How many differnet quads have you ridden?

Come on answer and be honest.

Old 07-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

dude shut up you dont know what your talking about!! there are pinenuts, they are a delicatsy, and chip munks love them, I got a masters in environmental biology with an emphasis in mammology, if you dont know, that is the study of mammals you idiot.

Old 07-11-2002, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with WYO, the EX is WAAAAAY out of date and is NOT the best at anything. You aren't a very bright person if you think you don't need liquid cooling, even for trails, liquid cooling still offers many advantages which WYO stated. And please don't try to tell me that the EX is any different as I own one. I am not brand loyal and also think that no quad had better reliability than another. Stock for stock with riders of equal skill the EX will still lose on a MX track. Once again I know from experience, on the straights the EX gets killed and in the corners I was not able to go that much faster to make up for all the lost speed. Now that I have spent loads of money on the motor it will keep up to or slightly beat piped raptors. I will agree with you that the EX is one of the best handling ATVs but the suzuki handles identical and with a far superior motor it easily outclasses the EX. I am just sick of people saying how the 400ex is better than other machines. As for the honda being more stable than a DS or Banshee, get a grip man, you think everyone only rides trails? Trails are for babies and old men. Go race a GNCC if you think you are so good at them.

Old 07-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

last1left read this dumb ***!

http://pinenuts.liston.biz/

Old 07-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

<< There's no such thing as pinenuts. >>

&quot;Sometimes it's better to say nothing and have people think you are an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.&quot;

Pine nuts are for real. They are a food and thought by some to be an aphrodesiac.

pine nut (First recorded English use before the 12th century) Also known as pi·&ntilde;on from the American Spanish pi&ntilde;on, from Spanish. The edible seed of any of various low-growing pines of western North America. (Merriam Webster)

Old 07-11-2002, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

Well I live in the South,and have tona and tons of pine trees down here,and all I see is pine needles. Ok trout you beat me there I guess I was wrong about those pine-nuts,and you have no idea how immature you sound calling people names,for no good reason. Go eat some pinenuts.

Wyoduner say what you want. I will smoke you on any 400EX on any tight trail. Anyday. But still there is no chance in he\\ of me getting one.

&quot;it isn't fair to compare the 400EX to modern day quads&quot;
Thats what you said. I'm not argueing anymore. It still wins all the time. You can try to use all the big words and everything to cover it up. But it can still compete with trails and track THATS WHAT I SAID!!!! I just pointed out in my last long post why it still is one of the best if not the best. Did you try to rebutt any of that?? Didn't think so.

You can try to use my age against me or my lack of knowledge of pinenuts,but you're wrong the EX still competes and it still wins. If you disagree you're an idiot.

racerrex,if liquid cooliing was needed so much for trails,Why Does the 400EX still win in them?

I have ridden:Banshee,400EX,250EX,Blaster,300EX. I think all of them were just piped and jetted.

I DO agree with you honda will need to step up to the plate soon. But as of now,the 400EX is still alive and competeing on the track.

<< tock for stock with riders of equal skill the EX will still lose
on a MX track.
>>

To what?

Old 07-11-2002, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer

TO ANY OF THE HIGH PERFORMANCE QUADS! The Z, raptor, banshee, anything can beat it solely on the fact that it is underpowered. Yes it's a very good handling machine, I know, I own one like I said before, and have modded it to the hilt. If you would have read my post you would have seen that I was racing against raptors. And another thing, the only reason that those 400exs win in races is BECAUSE THEY HAVE 2000+$ PUT INTO THE MOTOR. If you did equal mods to both machines you would see that the 400ex would lose even more. The 400ex motor is of such an archaic design that most mods only yield a couple HP. Think of it, a 440 kit, at 11:1 compression, full pipe, jetting, porting, cams would only put it at around 40HP. If you pipe and jet a Z with cams you are at 46HP. Porting, boring would add even more. And once you start going into large bores and increasing the compression, the motor starts running hot. Simply put, liquid cooling is the only way to go.

Old 07-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer

Ok whatever yall are all right i'm sooo wrong,but where I live the EX dominates the tracks. That and the 250R.

Old 07-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

But uh the EX has special HONDA CCs that deliver more power than normal ccs. And uh with liquid cooled machines the coolant will freeze in the motor in cold weather causeing the motor to blow up. So there.

But I still say the EX can still compete,not as much as it used to but it still can.

EDIT:If you cant tell I was being sarcastic in the first paragraph.

Old 07-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

Ok people enough pissing and argueing,we all have our opinions on the EX. I'm tired of argueing and so are my fingers.
And trout about your masters,I understand if some people need extra education. hehe joking around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: honda 750 ex is comming,