Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I am sick of cannondale

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I beleive you left out a few more Hondas that are beating that poor little stock[yeah right]Blaze. If Cannons were all that, they would be totally dominating everything. Don't take this post wrong, I actually like the Cannons [a lot] and their company has THE BEST customer service by far, but they're not kicking butt or taking any names around here.

Old 09-20-2002, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

It's mostly the rider that makes the difference in racing anyway not the machine. Hell Ricky Carmichael would probably place in the top five in the 250 AMA outdoor series on a CR80.
Steve7467, you are welcome to come take a ride on my Speed or Sandgods Cannondale this Saturday at Little Sahara. We also live in West Jordan and will be parked at Oasis campground. By the way, I paid $5950 for my used Speed with only five hours of use.

Old 09-20-2002, 12:27 AM
The Facility

That was Chad Duvall's ride [FST500EX] and that was what it was said to cost.

It's no different from full race quads found in the Pro Class....minus the $2300.00 frame, so what is so unbelievable??

Anyone familar with the business end of the sport knows why more Pro level riders do not ride Cannondales. Sponsorship.

If a guy is having his racing expensises paid by Company A and races his products, then why would he move on to ride a machine built by Company B and receive no support? Even if it was faster, he would now be stuck paying his own bills.

As the Cannondale brand gains recognition, which it has the past year, alot of this will change, but not until more aftermarket companies get involved with the machine itself. So far Nac's and Trinity are the only two major players.

RODSQUADS,
Dobn't get me wrong. I'm not bashing the Hondas, but it seems to me that the guys who have been screaming for a company to get involved in performance ATVs are the same guys who now want more, more, more.....but from a different company. Makes no sense.

Old 09-20-2002, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Steve,

With prices around SoCal there is around a $1,300 to $1,500 dollars between the two. For $1,500 you can get new shocks for the 400EX, and maybe a-arms. For a little over a Grand Trinity Racing will build you a 440, it of course will still be AIR Cooled and Carbarated.

I was looking to mod my 400EX but the Cannondale was the better value to ME.

Sandgod and Budda,

Please allow Steve to ride a Cannondale and feel the diffeance. Please have a camera so we can see a picture of the converted during conversion. LOL

I have to agree with Knowsalot: You guys keep waiting for someone to build a stock competitive quad. Some one did, So go support them, it's Cannondale.

Smitty

Old 09-20-2002, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

The invite is there. Don't want to sound like we are trying to convert. Buddah and I have owned over 100+ two wheeled/fourwheeled vehicles. Lets just say every brand has sat in our garages. I'd say brand loyalty is the least of our concerns. Thanks Smitty for letting me ride your Dale. I will glady take somebody up on a free Predator ride in my area when they come out. I don't think I'll be switching though... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2002, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are right. Everyone is wanting more and more from their brands, but the only one delivering is Cannondale. They have definately made the most effort to satisfy the racing community and their customers. But I still have to argue that it doesn't take very much to make any of the 400's competitive. They're all pretty good right out of the box.

Old 09-20-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

I think knows-a-lot pretty much summed it up earlier:

..."Unless another manufactuer steps up to the plate in the next two years....Cannondale will become the next 250R." .....

I don't think anyone serious about going 'fast' would argue that they'll be lusting after junked out 400EX frames because they were 'still' dominating like the 250r's did for so long.

Aluminum fabrication and fuel injection aren't 'space-age'; but it sure kicks the hell out of anything that will likely be produced anytime soon.

John

Old 09-20-2002, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

I have a 2002 400ex e/series k&n jet kit and filter, where I ride they had a cannadole demo day i rode them all. They were amazing it jumped great the speed was amazing the handeling was great. But i wouldn't trade my 400 for it. Why I don't race. I just felt like if i made a mistake I would pay I had to be on these quads every second. If any of you guys snow ski, some skis are more forgiving then others. The 400 is you can take a when I am trail riding or when I am on my local track. The 400 just feels right. i rode a raptor I even rode the new suzuki. The 400 just feels right. i live in NJ If I lived in calif. and rode glamis I would get a cannandole but I don't we have one legal place to ride in my state and there is not that much room to get my 400 in 5th and wide open anyway.The 400 just feels right you Honda guys know what I am talking about. 2002 400ex

Old 09-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

I am good friends with Jeremiah Jones and Bill Ballance. They are not riding hondas because they are getting paid by honda. Jeremiah said the Z is the best new quad out now.

Old 09-20-2002, 10:23 PM
The Facility

I never said that Honda was paying for their way, but their sponsors.

Quick Reply: I am sick of cannondale