Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I am sick of cannondale

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to look at it this way. If you want a real high competitve qauad that will work excellent in stock form as motocross, cross country, will do well in drags and sand dune well get the Cannondale. I truely admire their quads but they just arent what i persoanly need for trail riding and the average type of jumps and what not. My bottom line is if you want to race get the dale if you want to ride extrmemly tough, get a dale, if you want to trail ride have fun and what not you can get a dale but another model could suite you better.

Old 09-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

Like i said i am sure they are great quads. I havn't personally riden one but everyone i talk to says they a nice but not worth what you pay for them. if you get a speed for like 6grand or what ever you did that would be the way to go. The fuel injection is sweet. I kind of wonder why no one did this before. The $10000 stock cannondale isn't quite stock though. isn't it just a highly modified cannible? I wish i could go to the dunes this sat. but i don't see it happening. I know this is kind of a stupid question but what gear does your dale pull the face at? Mine crawls up in high second low third.

Old 09-21-2002, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

It pulls the Face in second at redline. A piped 400ex won't get up the Face. You must mean the Valley side since the Face is a 65-70 degree slope and the Valley side is 45 degrees. A stock Raptor will barely pull the Face. The Valley side the Dale pulls third at redline which is equivalant to 4th on a 400ex.. We didn't buy them for racing Sand Mtn, but it is the BENCHMARK of power and rpm.

Old 09-21-2002, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

I too was once skeptical about the cannondales, I thought they wouldn't amount to anything. Maybe this was because I didn't want to believe there was something better than my 400EX.... Same way with the Raptor. But once I got some seat time on a Speed... I am in desperate WANT of a Cannondale. Nothing is like those bikes.

Old 09-21-2002, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

KNOWSALOT, I don't know about that $17,000 figure you through out. Chad Duvall's 500EX is for sale in the classified of this site for $9,000.

Don't believe me? Look here.

Old 09-21-2002, 07:53 PM
The Facility

What does that have to do with anything???

$9,000.00???

That's the sellng price......not what they have invested!!!!!

Old 09-21-2002, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

well honda isnt really winning everything in the pro class. those engines frames almost everything has been changed to aftermarket? so technically there not.
and if the Z is so good why dosnt jerimaih go race it? you said he dosnt get paid for it anyways?

Old 09-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

The biggest advantage C'dale has over every other sport quad manufacturer is how incredible they stand behind their product. We have seen countless times C'dale repairing quads that have had problems outside of the 6 month warranty. Do you think Honda would do that, of course not! Sure you're going to pay more for a C'dale, it's got superior components, EFI, aluminum frame, hole shots, Ohlin's, etc. Do you expect to pay the same for a Mercedes as a Chevy, of course not!!

Get the best, forget the rest, buy C'dale!!

Old 09-21-2002, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

actually, for the price the c-dales (anyone of them) are great buys. think about it, they come ready to rock and roll straight out of the box. no need for control arms, axles, shocks and the list goes on. let's not even forget about the aluminum frame and fuel injection. if the c-dale was green stickered in california, as much as i love my z-400, i'd have a cannon in my garage right now.

Old 09-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Range Rover

Jeremiah races a leager 250R for the same reason everyone has raced them. The aftermarket has fine tuned all the parts that make them go fast. No one can touch the power of his SPARKS power valve. He has said that Doug Gust is the only motor[DRZ] that can match his.If the cannondale's are that good, The TOP pros will start riding them.

Quick Reply: I am sick of cannondale