Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon got slammed by DW Mag shootout!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 12:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon got slammed by DW Mag shootout!

I guess I'm still missing it. Were did I say that I didn't drag one all out? I guess thats what the word "racing" means to me.

Are you missunderstanding my use of "dead nuts even". That means both ATV's accellerated and traveled at the same speed for the duration of our race.

Old 10-22-2002, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

Grizzjeeper, Semis do run auto's. Allison's are the ones that come to mind and I hear the do a great job.

Old 10-22-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ostie
I guess I'm still missing it. Were did I say that I didn't drag one all out? I guess thats what the word "racing" means to me.

Are you missunderstanding my use of "dead nuts even". That means both ATV's accellerated and traveled at the same speed for the duration of our race.
Thanks for the clarification, I took it you were refering to the Prairies as dead nuts. I was reading it as follows:
I rode with 6 p650's 2 weeks ago and these machines (the six Prairies) are dead nuts(,) even in speed on asphalt in a straight race.
I also took it that since you han't reported (play by play) on a full drag race that it hadn't happened yet.

Also, freightliner has a pretty trick computerized auto tranny for their trucks, it actually puts you in mind of the Rincon's system as you can choose "drive" or "ESP".

Old 10-22-2002, 01:07 AM
Range Rover

I'm glad we got that cleared up.
Well, I'm going to save a tree.
Later.

Old 10-22-2002, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, make sure to eat everything you're served, I hate wasteful people. Later.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2002, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

well, it seems another mag has compared quads. as usuial, the griz seemed to come in second right behind the prarie. i am interested in the speed check though. it said that the griz went 52, while the prarie did 50? if so, then the griz was the fastest?
i have said it numerous times. in my opinion, the grizzly is the best all around 4x4 quad out there. no matter what they compare, it always places second, lol. speed, pulling, power, hauling, trail riding, jumping, and so on. so, it just isn't 1 minded, it covers all ground nicly.
i dont knock any quad out there, other than mine, if it deserves it. i am truly greatful we have these choises when buying one. as for mags. i dont put much into them. i only rely on me when comparing my quad. all in all, i did good by me, did you? if so, then i'm real happy for ya, lets ride,!!!

my pictures

Old 10-22-2002, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

OSTIE:
I have to admit ,yes I never rode a Rincon...can't wait till I do however! They are not yet available here in the great white north. But I have read enough about the thing to form an opinion on it. You can learn an awfull lot about a subject if you research enough. Maybe some things I've read are not fair to the Rincon I have no way of truly knowing. There are things about the bike I really like...such as the styling. It is a nice looking machine and I give it full credit for that. But it also has things about it that I really don't like...no harm in stating that either. It's my opinion,not yours...if I am proven wrong I'll take my lumps...I'm man enough. When I decided to get a quad last spring, I have to admit , I knew very little about any machines , having only drove a few and never owned one. So I started on a journey to find what suits me best. I researched for months and months and read and asked everyone about everything. I read all the forums to get owners impressions on all bikes. I had no brand preference , so I looked at them all. Alot of people in my area love Honda , so I looked and saw the machines...some nice ones I admit. But then I looked at the competition and compared them to the Hondas...and saw that by and large the competition were offering nicer machines with more power and features at less dollars. So I was less than impressed with the big red machine called Honda. They have a solid reliability record yes. But the other Japanese rigs are also reliable...I have friends that have Yamaha,Suz and Kawi's that have given them years of great service...so I don't think Hondas are much more reliable. So it came down to what machine my research pointed to. I wanted what I strongly believed was the best out there. And Overwhemingly it pointed to the KawiP650. It was supposed to be the strongest,smoothest running engine ever put in a 4X4 quad. It was supposed to have the best brakes ever put on a quad. It was supposed to have a great front-locker. It was supposed to be the best riding straight axle quad on the market. It was supposed to be the quickest and sportiest Sport-Ute made. So when I first looked at it I said ...this big square thing? THEN I RODE IT!!! Suddenly all the above "supposed to be's " came to light...YES IT IS!!! And it suddenly didn't look so big and fat anymore. I absolutely love this machine...and sometimes get a little TOO excited when I run on about how great it is. Sorry for that...The Kawi brings out the worst in me sometimes. I hope you are as happy with the Rincon as I am with my rig...if you are...YOU ARE ONE VERY HAPPY MAN AND SLEEP VERY WELL AT NIGHT.

ROB

Old 10-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Sure are a lot of "armchair racers/reviewers" here aren't there?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2002, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] What I notice after years of reading these posts is that (like with the Rubicon) when a certain bikes wins a comparison, or is voted ATV of the year, it is only because of advertising revenue purchased by the winner. Now, Honda, (who is supposed to be the leading advertiser in DW, according the those who poo-poo'ed the Rubicon comarisons) loses this one, and no one has really mentioned how biased these reports are because of ad revenue. Curious, isn't it?

Really, I think the P650 is an awesome machine, I've seen some really tough Sportmans (and envied the IRS) and the Grizz has done some amazing things in my presence, and I even got a quick ride on a Rincon in a parking lot, but nothing makes me want to trade in my Ruby. But that's me. I just don't understand the need to trash other folks rides. I ride with folks who have all of those bikes (no Rincon, yet), but my Rubicon hangs with them, and made it through everything they did. Maybe not as fast scooting down a hard-packed trail, maybe I had to work harder to get through a nasty spot, but I made it. Of course, I am running with 2400+ miles on a "tranny that will blow up any second, and cost me $3k to replace", and have "outdated brakes that don't work" (but stop me just fine), but then the other folks I ride with have belts that somehow keep them moving, etc. Forget what you ride, just ride!

Old 10-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Of the group I ride with, I think we presently have a representative from every manufacturer other than that funny looking North Korean thing I saw advertised in a rag a while back. We've all rated the bikes about the same as to rideability, repairs, and expense and the new Honda is not exactly at the top of the list so far. We'll se how it rates after more miles and mistreatment.

I personally don't care what anyone rides as long as they don't hold everyone else up. You know what I mean, {pull the same guy home time after time} We don't have a problem like this because a bike like that wouldn't stick around long. But I surely do enjoy trying to stir the pot when someone unwittingly admits how thin skinned they are about a little sparring.

Congrats to all the new Honda owners. Hope you're as satisfied with your purchase as I am with mine. Now, come chase this Dweebcycle![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rincon got slammed by DW Mag shootout!