Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Drive it like you stold it.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive it like you stold it.......

New to atvconnection and the forum but not to atvs. I made a big jump and surprised all my friends when I switched over to Honda.
WOW ! did I make mistake ? Reading the DW article - this Rincon I purchased should be trashed for junk.......not. The last 5 atvs were Arctic Cats and I enjoyed them all. RaptorRider660R said it all .....I wanted to try a fluid drive unit and so far I am impressed. I like the "cats" suspension but I wanted to try Hondas IRS...works marvelous. I am very pleased with the Rincon.. logging 120 miles and enjoying every mile of it. Working as a mechanic at the AC dealership I see many brands get "BASHED"...Honda,Kawasaki and Yamaha included . Thats why this sport is getting so great...so many options and machines to pick from. Face it...if the market offered only a Kaw 650 or Griz 660 .. it sure would be a dull sport . I hate to admit it...but I have bashed Honda myself. I am very impressed with my Rincon !
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2002, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

WOW!!! Something good has been said about the Rincon. I think that Dirt Wheels os full of it on there reveiw of the rincon, considering another mag. said that it was one of the best atv's around. I'm glad to hear that you like it. I have one question for you though, how does it wheelie. I read in a mag. (before it came out) that it could pull a wheelie with the wick of the trottle. I have been wondering this because eveyone talks like there is no bottom end .

Old 10-27-2002, 09:35 PM
RIP Dear Friend

MrArt,

I sat on my first Rincon over 3 weeks ago now. I really liked it, but its so big.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I am used to riding around on our Recon and its seems like the Rincon is two Recons.

You are right it would be dull if they only made a couple of quads.

Happy trails on your Rincon.

Chet

Old 10-28-2002, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

I pulled a wheelie at the dealership on pavement, I looked around and seen no salesmen and the hit the gas and got a great surprise with the front wheels coming up when I just briefly hammered it. Wow I was impressed and was not expecting that much low end power at the tap of the throttle.