Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon shootout/DIRTWHEELS slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 07:57 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon shootout/DIRTWHEELS slipping?

Just wondering why some owners of the Rincon say there transmissions are flawless and are WAY better than belt drives when the quad has not be out for that long .[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] ,there has been nothing proven YET ,give it time.

If you know when to put your bike in low range you are not supposed to be putting more than one belt a year.As far as cleaning the clutch's ever 1500 miles, well i don't mind spending 1 hour cleaning them.

Belt=60 bucks

Rincon Tranny= Couple grand i geuss.

Don't worry it won't break till your warranty is over hehe

Old 02-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Range Rover

OK . . . I'm not a Honda owner, that's obvious. So maybe I have no business being here or making this comment.

But it sure seems to me that you guys are bored.

You remind me of a bunch of 9 year olds who are stuck inside the house because mom wont let you play outside.

The only thing you have to keep yourselves occupied is to bicker with each other.

It just may be that you need to take that big, bad, wonderful machine you have in the garage outside and get it dirty, whether it's a Rincon, Polaris, or whatever.

Who cares what Dirtwheels has to say. Their statements are nothing more than allot of hot-air opinions written by guys like us who have their subjective opinions and preferences.

Let's face it; the sheer volume of opinions in this particular discussion could keep a hot air balloon aloft for a year!

So what if it's cold, snowing and wintertime, you may be happier if you got your mind off of some magazine writer’s opinion, and got preoccupied with how to blast your way through the local snowdrift.

Then again . . . That's only another opinion to add to this ponderous mountain of verbiage.

Old 02-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI, all the facts stated in my posts are based on my personal opinion.

Old 02-05-2003, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: carver
honda rincon vs. 500 sportsman, the only edge the rincon has on my sportsman is a flat out drag race & for what ever reason, i win sometimes. i have the advantage in the mud, sand, hills & especially water crossing. try to follow a sportsman over plowed field at 40 if you think the suspension is superior. i have owned honda before, the company has set on their reputation for a long time, while others have had the ***** to push the envelope. they (honda) deserve some bad press. why could honda not build a big 4x4 that is actually all that. its that reputation that was built long ago, dont even try the dependebility issue, honda has them to. & i bet they will get more than their fair share when they start making real atv's again. look no farther than polaris, yamaha, kawasaki & even suzuki for the real leaders of the pack!

LMAO.. Id bet my rincon you dont even own a rincon..The things you have said up above are sicking..A pearson could not compare a 500 sporty with a rincon..and the 700 sporty is the heavyest pos ever made..the had to make trails regs. in Wisconsin to 800 pounds..because the 700 sportsman is so fkin heavy..and..10 years from now..lets all meet back here..and we will see whos atv still works..
03 red rinny
03 skidoo rev 800

Old 02-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

your right, i do not own a rincon. never plan to either![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

dont u people know they made different atvs for different people so stop saying yours is the best because.................

the prairie 650 is the best!