Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

which trailer do you have to tow your quads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which trailer do you have to tow your quads?

Im looking into buying a trailer to tow my qaud and came across the Triton Trailers for ATV model # SL8. Any idea how much these go for?
http://tritontrailers.com/sl8.html
Can someone recommend me a trailer that can haul 2 quads at the same time whithout paying a grip for them?

Old 01-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer

That is a diferent idea, from the side, I bought one from carson trailer, it is a 5'X8' and I stand up three quads, keeps it small enough to tow behind a rander, and you can hardly tell it is there, the overall width is just biger then the truck. It was 1100 with ramp and spare tire with holder. Do a search for them, many dealers around the country carry them.

Old 01-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

we have a 12' by 7' roll-in brand tralior we paid like $800 and it fits 3 quads pretty good

Old 01-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

6'x12' box trailer

in my photos

Old 01-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a used tandem trailer designed to haul golfcarts. Bought it, added new HD tires and wheels, added extra side and running lights and tacked on an extra 16" in length. It's got surge brakes and can haul 3 ATV's end to end. Got just under One thousand $ in it.

Jaybee

Old 01-22-2003, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

I have a 6.5x12 that fits 3 quads with a foot left over(quads sideways). My friend has a 5x8 that fits one. He could probably fit more, but standing up. Your going to want a least 6ft wide to get the quads in sideways. My 6.5 is really wide, wider than my truck. I looked at the Triton trailer and it has the small tires, everyone says to stay away from the small tires.

Old 01-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

I just picked up a trailer in the fall from www.pastrailers.com They are built solid are the price is decent and they will customize it like you want. I have a 14 x 7 that holds three bikes easily. It comes with ramp and double axle and is all aluminum. It also comes with jack. With the spare it goes for about 1900. They are out of Vermont so I don't know if they go to the west coast. But most companies, such as Triton can upgrade tires to a larger size. Also, depending on what you ride or plan on riding in the future, should affect your decision. I ride a Rincon and on my 7 ft wide trailer, my tiedowns are virtually upright. I would not feel confident if my trailer were any narrower. But, like I said, It depends on your machine and possible future machines! Good riding

Old 01-23-2003, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

If you are wanting to haul 2 quads, get a 12 foot long trailer. I bought a 7 1/2' X 12' trailer with a drop down end gate. The reason I say 12 foot length, is you can put both quads in one in front of the other without having to lift them to move them in sideways, alot less work. But a 12' trailer is also long enough to put in 3 quads if you want to put them in sideways. Everybody makes these little utility trailers, check in your yellow pages. I paid $795 for mine, it's a single axle and built really strong, I bought it new.

Old 01-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

16' enclosed WW.

Old 01-24-2003, 01:20 AM
DM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Triton SL8, just like what you are looking for. I paid 1400 and I have it with the upgraded tongue jack & spare tire, larger tires, 10" vs 8" and those tires are much wider than you normal trailer tires.
They are considered and rated as high speed tires. I have logged on a few thousands of miles on the sl8 and it tracks perfectly. I haul 2 Rincons on it and often use my 6 cyl Toyota Camry 1996 v6 model to haul my atv's around and the aluminum lightweight allows me to do that.
It is a very well made and very easy to use trailer and it also has sliding tie down hook connectors that slide on the outside of the frame so you can locate anywhere you want. Mine came with 2 on each side. Can be parked anywhere for loading and unloading since the ramps on either side can be used.

You can see it in some of the pics on my homepage in my profile.

good luck.

Quick Reply: which trailer do you have to tow your quads?