Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I might need some help soon...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2000, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, guys I e-mailed jeff. I didnt tell him a particular price I wanted him to come down to I just asked how much he was willing to come off. What do you guys think is reasonable. Remember RMATV 297.84 and highlifter 380 (right now) I think that if he comes down somewhere around 320+or- some I'll buy from him. It'll just take longer for me to get it. Let me know what you think.

------------------
Matt Sibley

1999 Honda 300 4x4 Vampires, Lift Kit, 2500lb WARN winch

Old 01-05-2000, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

My My My! What's this? A thread that actually has something to do with real life in the real world? Neat aint it!?

Profit is not a dirty word!

Manufactures should be serving their customers! Their customers are both the distributors and the end user! Young Small companies often make some mistakes by trying to do both sales and service to the end customer.

I've not got a dog in this fight, with the exception that RMATV is located in Utah, but I will tell you this much. If the factory wants the mass merchants to sell their product then they have the responsibility to service it! That service may, and in my opnion should, be made available directly to the consumer as well as the distributor. I have no idea what this hi lifer is or what their hi p kit is and really don't even care. If hi lifter builds it then they are obligated to support it in some manner. If hi lifter does not want RMATV selling it then they should not be selling it to them!

Now how many of you have purchased a computer or a printer recently? Exactly how did you go about it? And when that printer breaks who do think is going to fix it? I can gaurntee that the person that sold it to you will send you directly the manufacture for service or repairs! How many of you at one time or another hit the local computer shop and dirlled them for hours on end and promptly picked up the latest computer shopper rag and placed your order? A bunch of you did! And you will do the same thing again!

It is sad, but this world is far too much an order taking world. But as consumers we have won a small victory for that, lower prices! We also are the victim of that success, less service from the point of sale!

When companies choose to make their another commodity item in the world, they had better expect the consumer to be smart and wise in where they choose to actually purchase it! Hi lifter has also chosen to maintain direct to consumer sales force that is in direct competition with their distribution channel. Jeff's position should be one of gratitude that he helped to sell a product that his company manufactures. That I suppose is one of his jobs! But then again maybe his only job is to attempt to compete with the likes of the RMATV's that they also sell through at prices that seem, on the surface, very non-competive?

So did you blow it? You may have caused Jeff to believe that you would purchase the product directly, or Jeff assumed that you would purchase it directly. Companies can have it both ways, but they also need to expect that their cusomer today is a wise consumer.

I just looked at high lifters sight. From what I can tell, jeff handed you off to the technical person who is responsible for follow up technical support. I it sounds like he did his job in selling, though disappointed that he did not personally get that commission, he does have new sale to go after also. So respect that!

If you feel guilty about it then write him an appology for possibly leading him on, if that's what you did, and get over it!

Hey it's your money!

Old 01-06-2000, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

uhh.......?

Old 01-06-2000, 05:20 AM
Range Rover

the customer is always right anyone with sales experience knows you endeavor to keep the customer. jeff is a jerk......

Old 01-06-2000, 09:24 AM
Range Rover

TreeFarmer,

I didn't competely lie to Highlifter. I did buy the jet-kit from them because no one else had it in stock at the time so I only stretched the truth a little bit. Maybe I should become a politician

Old 01-06-2000, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

High Lifter does not make the High Performance Kit, but buys it and redistributes them from other manufacturers. The unique thing about High Lifter's Performance Kits is that they take all of these individual manufactured parts and components and make them into one great kit. I have done some shopping BEFORE I called anyone, and found that High Lifter sells all the components in a kit cheaper if you bought all of them individually. That was way before Rocky Mountian ever carried any of those components. Rocky Mountian obviously saw the success that High Lifter had with the kit and got into the game. There is a huge differance in those two players though! High Lifter also includes a set of intructions on how to tune ALL OF THE COMPONENTS TOGETHER. Call Rocky Mountian and ask them how to tune it! I bet they tell you to call the tech support line. Tech Supports Lines rarely start with (800). High Lifter will help you on an (800) line. I know this cause I got the High Performance Kit from Rocky Mountian and they were a bunch of retards on telling me how to even jet a carburater. They said call SuperTrapp, call Dyno-Jet. I sent it all back!

I then ordered it from High Lifter and paid about an x-tra $100. I read the instructions, called High Lifter and talked to Greg, I think he's one of the managers, and in 45min I was making rooster tails.

Rocky Mountian has an advantage over many other mail order companies in the fact that they ONLY SALE directly to consumers and not to dealers. Therefore they do enjoy the advantage of being able to undercut those that DO SALE to dealers and comsumers.

For the guy who works at the autoparts store. Your working yourself out of a job. Part of the price that I as a consumer pay is for the service, and I found out that I really got bad service from Rocky Mountian and Great from High Lifter. I'm sure that if you bought something from a manufacturer and had to sell it to dealers and retail consumers, and you go to wal-mart and find that they are selling in at dealer prices, cause they don't have dealers. I bet you wouldn't offer the free service when your employer wasn't able to give you a paycheck.

If you need help with those instructions let me know and I will tell you the new settings that High Lifter has for the Honda 300 or Honda 400 and 450.

Old 01-06-2000, 10:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

IS EVERYONE IN HERE IDIOTS? RMATV IS A DISTRIBUTOR. HIGH LIFTER IS A DISTRIBUTOR. RMATV DOESNT BUY FROM HIGH LIFTER! HELLO!! HELLO!! RMATV SUCKS. THEY ARE ORDER TAKERS AND I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. THEY DONT KNOW SQUAT! HIGH LIFTER KNOWS A LOT AND IS GENEROUS WITH THERE KNOWLEDGE. CHECK OUT RMATV'S WEB PAGE. ITS A JOKE. I DO THINK I WOULD TRY TO NEGOTIATE A PRICE THOUGH. THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS

JOLLY

Old 01-06-2000, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt, for perspective and clarification, please tell how many E-mail messages you exchanged with Jeff at High-Lifter. Thanks!

Tree Farmer

Old 01-06-2000, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Tree
This is off the subject.. but.. what was the part number of the upgraded rocker switch for Superwinches? I think I got to much mud in my original one and it just "crapped out" on me. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

------------------
Brad

99'FOREMANes, 26" BUGS, A.P. bash plate and stick guards, winch, and soon to have a high performance kit! ohhYA...

Old 01-06-2000, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part Number Corrected Below

T.F.

The SuperWinch Rocker Switch Retrofit Kit is Part # 2233, rated to handle the 118 amps of their ATV2000 winch at full pull but not the higher current of other winches.

For identification, the new switch has a way cool orange top dust cover and a black one on the bottom.

My apologies to readers for this off-topic discussion, let's go to the E-mail or another forum next time, ForemanES; good luck!

Tree Farmer

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 01-07-2000).]

Quick Reply: I might need some help soon...