Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon Knowledge

Well I went to see the first Rincon in Alberta the other day at a dealership just outside the city. The machine was very nice, great lines, "sharp looking" my wife said "not square." It was sitting next to a Rubicon that was decked out with racks, tires and seats. It was good to finaly get a closer look at the suspension and rear breaking system in a side by side to the Rubi.

There were a few other guys looking at the machine too and were saying stuff like "the guy with the most toys wins" and I asked him if price counted too? Just then a sales rep came over and told everyone that this was the machine that we all needed to get. I have done a lot of reading and read a lot here in the forms so I knew the basic info about the machine, so I started asking questions. Any problems you have heard of? None he said they are a new machine, I asked him if the Rincon was in the states and if they heard any problems form there. He had no idea?? I asked about the Rincon having no low gear and what affect would it have on 4X4ing. He said to put it in auto and go?? I saked if 1st gear in ESP would be better he said it makes no difference. Not sure on that one?? I kept these questions going for another 10 minutes and then came the big one! I asked him if they had a machine to test drive? He said nope the one outside with the mud bugs was the owners and only the workers drive it out at the owners cabin on weekends. It was just there at the dealership to show people you could put on diferent tires.

I thought to my self if I'm going to spend $11,500 on a machine I want to drive one. I just don't want to go on what the workers are saying goes on at the owners cabin on some drunken weeked with the boys. I said "thanks for your time and information and I'll have a look for a dealer where I can drive one."

I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks for all the information you all write back and remember most dealers only what to make a buck.

Old 03-31-2003, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Knowledge

Thats crap, I have never been to a place that wouldn't let me test one out. I would tell the guy if he wants to make a sale he had better talk the owner into letting you ride it, if not your leaving.

Old 03-31-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Knowledge

There's nothing better than being informed about the product you want to purchase, then baiting/watching the salesman who didn't do their homework, hang themself.